Miami Marlins Concept

McCall

Okay. There's been a lot of Miami Marlins concepts popping up lately, and I've been wanting to do one for awhile. Right now, I have the hat logo done, which features an ever so slight tweak to the marlin itself that might not be visible to the naked eye (hint hint. eye. huh? huh?). I'm still working on the wordmarks, which I'm trying to use custom lettering for, and uniforms. I don't wanna throw some rush job up, so I'll post those once I am satisfied with the final piece of work. Here for now, as a starting point, is the hat logo I've done. I didn't wanna use the old BP hat logo, so I kinda created my own. The 'M' is from the lettering I'm creating for the wordmarks so that they match up. I wanted to create a new marlin, but don't have the time (or patience) to do that now, so I used the current one with the slight tweak. I kept it to the current colors as well, but have done a few variations, one of which I'm posting, too, simply for the heck of it.

Teal and Black:

Marlins_Teal-Black.png

Just to see what it'd look like, here's the logo in Teal and Navy (lighter navy, used by Rays, Indians, etc..)

Marlins_Teal-Navy.png

As you can see, the only change I made to the marlin is the eye. I took it from looking like a dead fish to a kinda pissed off fish. Anyway, I think it "revives" it a bit. Oh well, let me know what you think. The rest of the set will come later, along with a version that may include some orange in it, since that's rumored to be a possible addition in the future.

I like the eye tweak, but that marlin just doesn't go with an 'M'. Maybe try the marlin from the primary(see sig). I don't think anybody(myself included) has tried that yet. Top colors for sure, if it ain't broke don't fix it. I think what might end up happening is the Marlins keeping the script they have, adding matching "Miami" one for the roads, and then develop a completely new marlin cap logo with a fish designed to go with an 'M' rather than a 'F'. They could even keep the primary, that's just a name switch. I'm just hoping more teal is brought back to team(1997 look, not the all-teal originals).

The navy really works with that logo. I wouldn't want them to use navy instead of teal, but maybe replace the black with navy just so they can sell some navy merchandise. True, they'd have nearly identical colors to the Dolphins, but I don't think that's really a bad thing, and the silver is enough to differentiate the two.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Navy blue looks awesome on this. The only way I'd like them to use the navy is if teal is the primary color. Otherwise, if navy was the primary color, they would be closer in resemblance to the Rays,

Archived