St. Ambrose Lions

kewp80

Been awhile since I came out with a concept. Not gonna give a huge explanation on this, just wanted to give my team a new "winning" look. Also debuting my own personal logo. Tell me what you guys think, thanks.

SAU_sheetcopy.png

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

The lion looks kinda, 'ghost-like' if you will. There's simply not enough dimension between the eye, the ear, and the neck. It's not BAD, but it's simply not the best. The uniforms are simple, but I like. Simplicity works in most cases, this is a good example. I love the StA logo, it looks perfect; the font's well done also.

The colors work very well together and you have a nice set going, but the primary is just a little off. It looks more like the ghost of Mufasa than an actual lion.

I like it, but the lion really looks like the Buffaslug.

Well at least you can tell it's a lion ^_^

Heitert, I get what your saying. I originally wanted a simpler more iconic logo, but for some reason I couldn't get it to work out the way I wanted it to. Then I tried to go more complex, and couldn't get that to work out either. Basically since it's for a fantasy team I just settled for something in between. When I have time I'll go back and work with it more.

Check out my music!

I like it, but the lion really looks like the Buffaslug.

Well at least you can tell it's a lion ^_^

Heitert, I get what your saying. I originally wanted a simpler more iconic logo, but for some reason I couldn't get it to work out the way I wanted it to. Then I tried to go more complex, and couldn't get that to work out either. Basically since it's for a fantasy team I just settled for something in between. When I have time I'll go back and work with it more.

And simplicity does work in most cases, but I think you have to make adjustments for what kind of logo you're tackling. A lion is the most unique and recognizable animal in the feline family. Basically the panther, bobcat, lynx, ocelot, jaguar, cougar, wildcat, etc. have the same basic facial features that many could mistake for any of the other (not saying you can't tell a panther for a jaguar, but it's understandable to mistake other combinations). But everyone knows a lion when they see one, therefore you have to include its unique features such as the mane, the large snout, and the water-drop (work with me here, that's what they resemble to me :P) shaped eyes.

So as far as lions go, I think complexity works. Some great examples of lions logos are the Loyola Marymount Lions and the Old Dominion Monarchs.

Thanks for the input guys, really appreciate it.

About to leave for the weekend, going camping, but when I come back I'll work on this a little more. Maybe while I'm camping I'll sketch out a few ideas for a more complex lion.

Check out my music!

Archived