O Great CCSLC Sports Gods

AndrewPF

Hey everyone, I've recently taken an interest in European soccer, what with the Euro Tournement being on TV and all. With that, I'd like to try and follow an English or Italian team next season when the time comes. I figured that many of you will be able to help me decide which team to root for. I was hoping maybe you could tell me about the different teams, who the key players are, some history and of course the logos.

I know this isn't the first time that this has been done, I remember that someone, I think it was Flame enlisted the help of the community when deciding on an NHL team.

Please help me pick a team!

Thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking about doing the exact same thing recently, but I probably still don't care quite enough to follow them the whole year. :P

Anyway, I'll go with whatever you pick, cause I don't have the energy to go through the whole process. But I'd be interested in this as well.

(Or' I'll just go read the Bill Simmons column again and go with Tottenham Hotspur :D)

All I ask is that you pick one outside of the big 4 in the EPL.

It's so much more satisfying that way.

Well there goes my suggestion of Manchester United.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I did know one thing.

Not Man U.

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

All I know about any teams is that Man U. is the fanboy team of the USA, and I know that Chelsea's theme song thing is One Step Beyond by Madness ( <3 )

koizim said:

COYS and Go Sox

Who are these big 4? Man U., and who else?

koizim said:

COYS and Go Sox

Look towards smaller EPL teams, eredivisie, La Liga, Serie A or even get away from Europe and go look at some MLS Teams..... really good football there

Also you can support PSV!!!!!!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Ive also been pondering the idea recently of following a foreign soccer team.

Ive thought of hopping on the Liverpool wagon (if only because the Beatles are from there...hows that for a reason to bandwagon jump a team, eh?).

Everton is also based in Liverpool, correct? Maybe I can start fairweathering them...

...any good Italian teams to follow (I know theres Juventis and Milan)? Or those near or in the Calabria region?...

...or I could wait until the Riverhounds build that new stadium, (hopefully) change their name/look, and join the MLS.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

Cheer for New England, they represent your area.

He probably already does (I do). Just looking for a Euro team to support since those are the real major leagues.

Yeah, I pull for the Revs. I just want to branch out, y'know?

koizim said:

COYS and Go Sox

Ive also been pondering the idea recently of following a foreign soccer team.

Ive thought of hopping on the Liverpool wagon (if only because the Beatles are from there...hows that for a reason to bandwagon jump a team, eh?).

Everton is also based in Liverpool, correct? Maybe I can start fairweathering them...

...any good Italian teams to follow (I know theres Juventis and Milan)? Or those near or in the Calabria region?...

...or I could wait until the Riverhounds build that new stadium, (hopefully) change their name/look, and join the MLS.

Maz ,there is a third Merseyside team - Tranmere Rovers from Birkenhead (where that "Ferry 'cross the Mersey" goes).

If you'd rather keep up the Steel City tradition then Sheffield has two teams - United (the Blades) and Wednesday (the Owls).

In Italy might I suggest La Viola - Fiorentina?

The Right will always be wrong,

Conservatives-Dragging the world kicking and screaming into the 19th century.

All I know about any teams is that Man U. is the fanboy team of the USA, and I know that Chelsea's theme song thing is One Step Beyond by Madness ( <3 )

For the record, I started rooting for United when I attended the Bobby Charlton Soccer School in Manchester in 1986. As part of the camp, I was lucky enough to play in a practice match with Sir Robert and attend a friendly at Old Trafford (standing on the terraces). With that in mind, I think I am worthy of an exemption from fanboy/front runner/bandwagon hopper status.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

For the record, I started rooting for United when I attended the Bobby Charlton Soccer School in Manchester in 1986. As part of the camp, I was lucky enough to play in a practice match with Sir Robert and attend a friendly at Old Trafford (standing on the terraces). With that in mind, I think I am worthy of an exemption from fanboy/front runner/bandwagon hopper status.

Excused. That sounds like fun, I bet you'll never forget it.

koizim said:

COYS and Go Sox

Excused. That sounds like fun, I bet you'll never forget it.

You're right about that. I'll also never forget hitting the local pub every night we were there (I was 18) and going to a dorm/apartment party on the second-to-last night with the coaches and the university students who were working in the cafeteria and doing housekeeping. I was pretty sure I wasn't going to be making a living playing soccer, so fun became our top priority (though playing soccer with a bunch of English, Scottish and Irish guys was very cool too).

I think I'm gonna go with Tottenham Hotspur.

koizim said:

COYS and Go Sox

Archived