SMU - new FB Uniforms for 2008

jimsimo

Per the uniwatchblog (www.uniwatchblog.com):

"A little birdie informs me that SMU, now being coached by June Jones, is returning to traditional white helmets, and that the new uni ?will look similar to throwback Bills ? royal jerseys and white pants at home, solid white on the road.? Can?t show any photos yet, but I can tell you it looks pretty hot. Official unveiling to come in the next couple of weeks."

The Helmet Project website (http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/cusa.htm) also has a "new" helmet for SMU listed, which looks the same as the one they wore circa 2002 (white with red mustang).

No pics as of yet... I think this is a major upgrade, personally from the piping-fest they had previously.

923%5C362689.jpg

Now if Pitt would only wise up and go back to the cursive script logo and mustard helmet.

Agreed.

I don't know how "traditional" the white helmets are, they did wear white hats in two different eras. I'd say they are more familiar than traditional. Sounds like they ought to look pretty good, however.

FsQiF2W.png

See, I would think SMU wouldn't want ANY reminders of the Death Penalty era. Although maybe they do want that since it's the last time the football program was really relevant. Any Dallas/SMU people on here feel that way about these old SMU unis?

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

See, I would think SMU wouldn't want ANY reminders of the Death Penalty era. Although maybe they do want that since it's the last time the football program was really relevant. Any Dallas/SMU people on here feel that way about these old SMU unis?

A classic is a classic. That white w/ red mustang helmet is the most recognizable and like you said, even w/ the Death Penalty connotation, it still overlapped w/ an "up" period of sorts.

A classic is a classic. That white w/ red mustang helmet is the most recognizable and like you said, even w/ the Death Penalty connotation, it still overlapped w/ an "up" period of sorts.

Wasn't it an up period because they cheated? Just saying. :D Although it is a good look! Surprised June Jones didn't try to force black in there some place.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived