KC Chefs crowd went from one of the best...

Island_Style

This has been going on for years at Arrowhead. Most of the bitching is in the lower levels where folks who are the Wine (Whine) and Cheese crowd from Johnson County, KS go for more of a social event. They bitch if fans stand during the game.

They were tattling on them way back in the early 90's.

Old news, except the text message caveat.

Yes, the people who come to the game, sit during the player introductions and opening kickoff, text on their phones, then leave at halftime. Fun crowd.

And in regards to the article, the Chiefs fan conduct rules are consistently ignored.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arrested? Probably a little harsh. However, I stand behind the decision.

A little,I'm sorry but it's beyond harsh,I mean for the love of all which is holy and good,we have folks that are committing and what not and law enforcement got nothing better to do but arrested folks for basically applauding their relative during graduation,i mean serious it amazes me how some of these people that make these beyond asinine rule and regulation could sleep at night.

BTW love the sig(s) ICS

I go to games to get drunk and rowdy.

Maybe that's the problem. Most people go to games to watch the game and support the team. They didn't plunk down $75 hear some drunken, obscenity laced tirade about how the other team sucks or to watch a middle-aged drunk guy hit on the 22-year old girl that is selling beer.

Now, while the drunk guy and his drunk friends will find all of this to be hilarious, I assure you that everyone else will tell you that drunk people are not as witty as they think they are.

Maybe that's the problem. Most people go to games to watch the game and support the team. They didn't plunk down $75 hear some drunken, obscenity laced tirade about how the other team sucks or to watch a middle-aged drunk guy hit on the 22-year old girl that is selling beer.

Now, while the drunk guy and his drunk friends will find all of this to be hilarious, I assure you that everyone else will tell you that drunk people are not as witty as they think they are.

So YOU'RE the guy in the corner quietly texting stadium security. I never said I did any of the stuff you wrote. Congrats, you are that guy that caused all this crap at arrow head. A stadium is not a living room, nor should it ever be. That's why you pay money to go. To get excited and have a good time. Not sit there like an english sillynanny waiting for tea time.

So YOU'RE the guy in the corner quietly texting stadium security. I never said I did any of the stuff you wrote. Congrats, you are that guy that caused all this crap at arrow head. A stadium is not a living room, nor should it ever be. That's why you pay money to go. To get excited and have a good time. Not sit there like an english sillynanny waiting for tea time.

You explicitly said that you purposely get drunk and rowdy at games. So what if Hat Boy didn't describe your specific drunk and rowdy antics? You still come off like a tool for saying that.

Nobody's saying you should sit on your hands and be silent. Just keep in mind that it's a family event.

At a Jays game I once had to break up a fight between two couples which was started because one couple "was tired of hearing the couple behind them talking"... I told the one it was a baseball game and if they didn't want to be bothered by noise they picked the wrong form of entertainment.

I also once had a Yankees fan complain to me that a kid shouted "Jeter Sucks!".

Yes, these people DO exist.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

You explicitly said that you purposely get drunk and rowdy at games. So what if Hat Boy didn't describe your specific drunk and rowdy antics? You still come off like a tool for saying that.

Nobody's saying you should sit on your hands and be silent. Just keep in mind that it's a family event.

I have to agree. "Drunk and rowdy" is not supporting the team, or even enjoying the game. It's masturbatory self-promotion while ruining the game for everyone sitting around you.

There's vast ground between sitting silently with hands in laps and "drunk and rowdy".

You know, rowdy can mean just standing and shouting and cheering. I can do that while drinking. At no point did I say I like to shout obscenities, hit on the beer girl, and pretend like I am witty. It is ignorant and narrow minded to think otherwise. I behave myself when I drink. Sporting events isnt as family as you think. Yeah, it is still nice to bring the kids but they better be prepared. This is football, not Disney on ice.

You're backing off now - we've gone from "drunk" to "drinking."

Again, there's a world of difference between the two. One is a great part of the game, the other over the line and rightfully stamped out.

Not at all.

Fine, I can do that while drunk.

Drinking, drunk, is their a difference? Pretty lame attempt.

Let me edit this post so I can respond to the second half of the statement.

The article is about punishing people who stand. Is that the over the line behavior you are talking about or are you, like the other guy, way off topic and shooting the messenger?

I don't see how responding to your specific comments in the first post of this thread with an opinion of my own on its subject can possibly be construed as being "off-topic."

There are distinctions to be made in fan behavior, and I think I've been very clear about that in my posts. There ought to be a certain flexibility to these things, while punishing people who cross the line. That's the difference between "drinking" and "drunk," which I mentioned before. Drinking is a big part of going to games, but being drunk ought not be tolerated.

I love it when fans boo and cheer and catcall. I hate it when they scream nothing but a rash of obscenities. I love it when fans stand in response to the play on the field, don't like it when they stand throughout an entire game and block the view of people in their section.

It's the difference between contributing to the atmosphere and detracting from it, between creating a home crowd and public masterbation.

The Chiefs' rules sound silly and overblown when written. Most disclaimers do ("do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"). If they are enforced with any level of appreciation for context, they might not be so in practice.

That's the difference between "drinking" and "drunk," which I mentioned before. Drinking is a big part of going to games, but being drunk ought not be tolerated.

What? You drink to get drunk. How can one be a big part and the other be not tolerated. I'm sorry, that is a contradiction.

Sheesh, all of this because someone's drunk and rowdy has different meaning from my drunk and rowdy. Next time ask me what I mean by drunk and rowdy rather than assume, Like I said, it is ignorant and narrow minded to jump to such over blown conclusions. Just because you are drunk doesn't automatically make you a loud, bumbling, clumsy, ass. I can drink 10 beers, be drunk, and not be out of control. Clearly we have different definitions.

Sporting events isnt as family as you think. Yeah, it is still nice to bring the kids but they better be prepared. This is football, not Disney on ice.

Right, because it's the innocent folks that are just there for the game and a good time that should adapt, not the drunken idiots that are compromising said family event.

Drinking, drunk, is their a difference?

Did you really just post that?

What? You drink to get drunk. How can one be a big part and the other be not tolerated. I'm sorry, that is a contradiction.

Wow. Just...wow.

Sporting events isnt as family as you think. Yeah, it is still nice to bring the kids but they better be prepared. This is football, not Disney on ice.

Right, because it's the innocent folks just there for a game and a good time that should adapt, not the drunken idiots that are compromising said family event.

You took that quote out of context. In my post I meant no difference.

Whatever, I give up. I feel like Chris Tucker.

At no point did I say I like to shout obscenities, hit on the beer girl, and pretend like I am witty. It is ignorant and narrow minded to think otherwise.

At no point did I say I was talking about you specifically.

However, everyone knows "that guy." There is at least one in every section of every stadium.

At no point did I say I like to shout obscenities, hit on the beer girl, and pretend like I am witty. It is ignorant and narrow minded to think otherwise.

At no point did I say I was talking about you specifically.

However, everyone knows "that guy." There is at least one in every section of every stadium.

LOL, did why did you quote me? You could have saved me a lot of posting time if you wouldn't have quoted me. :D

Right, because it's the innocent folks just there for a game and a good time that should adapt, not the drunken idiots that are compromising said family event.

No, I took that verbatim. It's up to you to make the proper context clear.

No, I took that verbatim. It's up to you to make the proper context clear.

Duh! That is why I added this at the end of my post.

"Fine, I can do that while drunk. "

Way to not finish reading my post.

Archived