KC Chefs crowd went from one of the best...

Island_Style

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do you spell Chiefs wrong twice?

I think calling them the "Chefs" is universally well known. At least, I know some people call them that.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Lamar Hunt is spinning in his grave.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think calling them the "Chefs" is universally well known. At least, I know some people call them that.

Oh. I've never heard them refered to as the Chefs but whatever.

Remember snickers, jackass?

Jokes, you see.

No?

Must not be much of a joke.

Remember snickers, jackass?

Jokes, you see.

It was the first thing I thought of.

On topic, this type of thing is just one more reason that NASCAR is becoming my favorite sport. I went to this year's Coca-Cola 600 in Charlotte. Parking was free. You were allowed to bring in any type of drink you wanted as long as it wasn't in a glass bottle. You could bring in a 14 inch cooler filled with anything as long as it wasn't glass. You want to leave and head back to the car to either grab something or maybe put something away? No problem. Just have your ticket scanned "out." The price for taking a ride in a NASCAR simulator? Free. The atmosphere was like a large festival where everything but the food is free. I could go on and on but the point is that at a NASCAR event it is truly all about the fans. The sport goes out of it's way to make sure you have as enjoyable experience as possible. I was simply floored by how much different it was from any other sporting event I have ever attended. Oh and you were allowed to stand up and make all the noise you wanted to. No one minded one bit. I imagine the fans were so easy going because they didn't feel violated by the time they reached their seats.

After going to the race I have been reluctant to spend any money on Indians games this year because it just seems like a waste of cash for what you get in return. NASCAR spoiled me.

Screw the Chefs. Stay home and save your money. Save it up and go to a race at the Kansas Speedway.

BB52Big.jpg

Only been to one NASCAR event but I had a time! Pepsi 400, we brought a lot of beer and partied our ass off. Can't watch it on TV but I would be more than happy to see any race live.

To one of the worst. You are no longer allowed to stand at a Chefs game. What???? I go to games to get drunk and rowdy. Why not just stay home if you have to act like you are at a bowling match?

Sit down! You're ruining it for the rest of us!

Reminds me of when I went to a Falcons playoff game (yeah we hosted one of those :P) and I heard that some fans got yelled at for being too loud. WTF.

suprisingly, this seems to be a new trend. I've been going to hockey games since i was about 3 years old (before i could really remember), and recently i've been given dirty looks, and commented to "keep it down". DURING A F*ING HOCKEY GAME! Hockey is a loud, get out of your seat, make as much noise as possible, waking up the next day hoarse, sport. If you want a nice quiet atmosphere, watch the thing at home.

This is a direct effect of higher ticket prices. With only wealthy people and corporations having the means to buy season tickets and large numbers of tickets, the dynamics in the stands has changed significantly. No longer is it the blue-collar worker rooting for his favorite team just for pride and bragging rights. Now it is the white-collar criminal who uses the seats to impress potential clients and doesn't want to be interrupted by the pesky sports fan who actually gives a :censored: about a sports franchise that doesn't give two :censored:s about him.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

This has been going on for years at Arrowhead. Most of the bitching is in the lower levels where folks who are the Wine (Whine) and Cheese crowd from Johnson County, KS go for more of a social event. They bitch if fans stand during the game.

They were tattling on them way back in the early 90's.

Old news, except the text message caveat.

I just saw this on Yahoo! and I was going to check to see if anyone posted the story before I did.

AND you can anonymously tattle on a stander via a text message?! That's what football is all about, standing, getting rowdy, and standing ankle deep in blood, tears, and booze.

This sort of thing is one of the big reasons why I stopped going to Giants game....well the low expectations for the team and my personal feeling that they owe me some world series titles......

nonetheless, when they moved to AT&T Park the crowds got decisively more white collar and "wine and cheese". Shame too, since the Candlestick Giants crowds were at one time considered some of the rowdiest in the MLB regardless if the place was at 60,000+ with the hated Dodgers in town, or it was one of those 11,000 fans on a wednesday night against the Expos situations. The new park, for as great as it is, is not enough in my view to draw me there. The prices are too high, transportation to and from the park is hell, and like I said, they owe me some freaking championships!

However, the opposite of this trend, from my observance at least seems to be taking hold at the 49ers games. In the 80's to early 90's heydays when Montana and Young were leading us to Super Bowls, it was pretty much impossible for an average fan to get a ticket. The crowds were decisively middle aged, wine and cheese types that pretty much saw the priviledge of owning 49ers season tickets as some sort of a status symbol. Nowadays, granted with the team sucking and the stadium falling apart, the crowds have gotten a lot younger, more passionate, and a lot more rowdier. More beer and BBQ is being consumed than wine and cheese these days. With the Niners no longer the impossible ticket they once were, the ones that truly care about the team (and sadly more often now, the ones that care about the other team on any given gameday) are showing up.

Reminds me of an article I read about 2 weeks ago where seven people were arrested at a high school graduation for yelling when their relative went on stage to get their diploma, think it happened in south carolina...messed up :huh:

That'd be my hometown of Rock Hill, South Carolina that you read about. I'm surprised you heard about it - was this nationwide/international news?

I, for one, support being quiet during high school graduations. I graduated in a class of 450 - the graduation was something like 3 or 4 hours long already - and there were only a few seconds in between names being called. The whole point of having people stay quiet is so relatives and family can hear their graduate's name being called. If there was yelling and whatnot going on the whole time, someone might not be able to hear their graduate's name.

Arrested? Probably a little harsh. However, I stand behind the decision.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived