Bayou State Creoles

DomTheAthlete29

Back with another NCFA concept, this time for the Bayou State Creoles. (The first concept for Thad's Redmond Rampage, can be viewed HERE). hint(NEEDS C&C)hint. TFoA posted a topic in the request fourm about his team looking for logos and uniforms. I dont have the ability yet to create logos, but I told him I would help with the uniforms. His logos arent completely chosen yet.

The orginal plan was to go with LSU inspired uniforms, and a traditional look. I think it turned out rather nicely.

bayou2-1.png

I wanted to give him another idea for a more modern uniform design to choose from, with some unique nike style piping. Which I think turned out really good seen here.

bayou-1.png

Verisons 1.2

LSU

bayou22.png

Nike

bayou11.png

FDL Side Pannel

bayou111.png

I'm kinda lost on what to do on the pants tho.

C&C on all.

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Both these are very nice, not necessarily original, but I get that thats not the point. I'm not a huge fan of the yellow you chose, it looks like butter. Its even worse when it is the primary color for both the tops and the bottoms. It would be nice to see a logo on the helmet, because I really think the logo can help determine the jersey style to some extent. A flashy modern logo needs the modern jersey, imo.

As is, with the plain helmet and the Saints-esque NO thingy on the shoulders, I'd pick option one. The LSU inspired one.

As a creole person myself, this thread captured my intrest right away!

>I wouldn't use two different shades of blue just for the sake of the collar and cuffs. A deep jewel shade of blue would be sufficent.

>The 'butter yellow' color should be stronger but not too dark to accompany a deeper blue.

> Tweak the FDL so it's not exactly the Saints' logo. Maybe try another type of FDL or add some inner shading.

> Both set's look nice but if I had to chose I'd go with the second set except for the pants. The piping look's too much like it's pointing to the FDL instead of 'flowing' into it.

> Neither set has shoulder #'s which the FDL takes that place on the first, on the second i'd option for it to be on the shoulder and move the FDL to the sleeve.

> Lastly, I think that like the Saints, if the FDL is going to be the primary, then it should be on the helmet or at least some type of stripe. Maybe try to come up with a primary logo for the helmet and make the FDL the secondary for the sleeve. I don't like the way team's over-use their primaries like the Saints and 49ers do by having it on each side of the helmet, jersey and pants. It's just too much!

If you don't mind, I'd like to take a crack at this concept. I don't touch on other people's work and I don't usually ask but I think as a creole person this one has some value to me.

There is supposed to be a logo on the helmet. However, its not been completed yet. Ill take your advice and try to rework the jerseys.

BTW; im not using two shades of blue, the darker blue is used as shading.

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Nice design. I too, would do something more with the helmet. I do like the premise of the design, but feel like it should have a bit more to it than that. I like Option #1 overall tho.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

>I wouldn't use two different shades of blue just for the sake of the collar and cuffs. A deep jewel shade of blue would be sufficent.

>The 'butter yellow' color should be stronger but not too dark to accompany a deeper blue.

> Tweak the FDL so it's not exactly the Saints' logo. Maybe try another type of FDL or add some inner shading.

> Both set's look nice but if I had to chose I'd go with the second set except for the pants. The piping look's too much like it's pointing to the FDL instead of 'flowing' into it.

> Neither set has shoulder #'s which the FDL takes that place on the first, on the second i'd option for it to be on the shoulder and move the FDL to the sleeve.

> Lastly, I think that like the Saints, if the FDL is going to be the primary, then it should be on the helmet or at least some type of stripe. Maybe try to come up with a primary logo for the helmet and make the FDL the secondary for the sleeve. I don't like the way team's over-use their primaries like the Saints and 49ers do by having it on each side of the helmet, jersey and pants. It's just too much!

If you don't mind, I'd like to take a crack at this concept. I don't touch on other people's work and I don't usually ask but I think as a creole person this one has some value to me.

Well, if you wanna take a crack at it, then go right ahead. This coming from the owner of said team :P Personally, I can't say I'll use it since I'm really liking option 1 right now, but if your Creole heritage is really spurring you into touching upon it, and you raeally wanna take a crack at it then go right ahead. :D

Some suggestions for the current concept though (that I could've said through PM, but I figured I'd wait for the thread :P)

Option 1:

The suggestion I have that would piggyback onto bigdub's that would cover both options would be the collar. I can't specify which color would be better, but I know a darker blue would be. But yeah, as it is right now, I'm ready to use that one.

Option 2:

In order for the uniforms to be standard with each other, take out the bib-style and make the shoulders on the away white. I guess that would mean to make the FDL blue with gold outline. But other than that, the concept hit the request for nike-style spot on. It looks nice in a Nike-sort-of-way. :P

> Tweak the FDL so it's not exactly the Saints' logo. Maybe try another type of FDL or add some inner shading.> Both set's look nice but if I had to chose I'd go with the second set except for the pants. The piping look's too much like it's pointing to the FDL instead of 'flowing' into it.

I agree. I would definitely try a different fleur-de-lis. There are so many variations of the symbol, go with something other than the Saints' logo.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived