Phillies caps with stars

spyboy1

Does anyone know the details about Phillies caps with stars on either side of the "P" logo?

I found this one for sale

phillies.jpg

I've seen a couple of action shots of players in all red caps with the stars, but not with a blue visor.

Was it a batting practice cap? Were they worn in games, and what years? I'm curious to know the story behind the ones with the stars.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

It is NOT an on-field cap. There was never a cap with two stars and a blue bill.

The BP cap from the early '00s was that 3930 material with a blue P and blue stars on either side of it and a blue button. The entire cap was red.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It is NOT an on-field cap. There was never a cap with two stars and a blue bill.

The BP cap from the early '00s was that 3930 material with a blue P and blue stars on either side of it and a blue button. The entire cap was red.

I believe that the aforementioned cap is formerly for interleague play.

Union.png

I believe that the aforementioned cap is formerly for interleague play.

The IL cap had a white P with a blue star, like AstroBull posted.

It is not the cap in question.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived