Baseball Stadium Concept

RoughRiders9

The Farm. I like that. Farm Bureau Insurance has its headquarters in West Des Moines. If you put their name on it as the corporate sponsor, the nickname is assured.

Parking? It's Des Moines. Street parking & ramp parking is free after 6 and on the weekends. There is no shortage of parking.

The Farm. I like that. Farm Bureau Insurance has its headquarters in West Des Moines. If you put their name on it as the corporate sponsor, the nickname is assured.

Parking? It's Des Moines. Street parking & ramp parking is free after 6 and on the weekends. There is no shortage of parking.

I could tell that you're from Des Moines. What school did you go to? I went to Roosevelt High...

IowaOaks.png

• 3 months later...
I love the idea, very put together and will probbly change during time but with good change. For parking, why not have some out along the side and then underground parking?

I was planning on having underground parking directly under the stadium for the players and front office staff only, but there's two or three parking garages that's just a block or two away. And there's two 1-level parking lots that's three blocks away. I'll just build a new parking garage directly on top of the lots, like St. Louis, where they build parking garages JUST for Busch Stadium.

Also, for the pep rallies or post-games parties or whatever, they'll do it in the Nollen Plaza, which is just less half a mile down the road from the stadium. It'll be similar to Busch Stadium in the .

Here's a few pics of the Plaza:

cfiles31026.jpg33.jpg

I borrowed a lot of ideas from PNC Park and Busch Stadium for this thing.

610x.jpg

That's where the St. Louis Cardinals have their post game parties/pep rallies.

IowaOaks.png

I like the idea of putting this in a real block too. That's what I love about old parks is how the dimensions of the field are affected by their surroundings. Most new parks do not have that. Did you consider putting an old-fashioned roof/over-hang with lights and such above the upper deck. I always think that adds a lot to the feel of a park. Anyways good job.

Has anyone thought of starting a forum where we could post ideas like this because I have like 10 ideas for ballparks in my head that I just never have gotten around to drawing (other than a few rough sketches).

NYCDOg, I just read your comment on the water tower and Ive always thought that would be an awesome thing for a ballpark to built around/near a watertower like the Warner Brothers one. Could put up some old fashioned sponsors/ advertising or even a scoreboard like you said.

Des Moines already has a symbolic image, a red umbrella that's on one of the buildings in dsm. I could build a water tower, and put a duplicate of the umbrella on it....

IowaOaks.png

• 1 month later...

After a few days of thinking about this project and as much as I've had fun with this, I realized that the city block that I was planning on "building" the stadium on is too small. So I need a bit of your help. Could you help me find a new location in the Des Moines area to build the stadium on. I know you don't live in Des Moines, but at least you can just use google maps to look around the town.

Thanks!

IowaOaks.png

Archived