Ot: Rob Ray's Potty Mouth

gbasalmon

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some times I wonder about some of the things that come out fo his mouth, but he has a mind for hockey at least. If I weree out there in the NHL right now, I'd throw on a visor. nothing is worth a stick to your eyeball, even pride. And I agree with him about the instigator rule and retaliation. But to me, it doesn't mattter where you come from to play hockey, as long as you have the skill and don't play dirty

NEVER IN TROUBLE OFF THE ICE!!!! Give me a break...

Danny Heatley KILLED his teammate.

Theo Fleury was in trouble almost constantly.

I have a friend who used to be pretty high in the administrative side for the Sabres and then the Capitals, now the Lightning and back in the 80's when he was with the Sabres he said that alcohol and drug abuse by NHL players was as bad if not worse than any other sport ESPECIALLY alcohol. He wouldn't name names but he said that at minimum 6 of the Sabres at the time were being monitored (ie babysat) by the team any time they went on the road to make sure they made it to the game, the plane etc.... And it wasn't any different on other teams....

Just because the majority of players are young, look shy and speak quietly doesn't mean they don't have as many demons as the more vocal NBA and NFL players.

At least Rob Ray himself is giving the NHL one last shot... the Senators resigned him last week and he's doing a conditioning stint with the AHL's Binghamton Senators right now.

Dedication... few would do it... Rickey Henderson, Jose Canseco come to mind.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

The context I meant that in is that NHL players don't go and beat each other up about things that happen on the ice. They do have their bouts with sustance abuse and car accidnets, but so does the rest of the world. when was the last time an NHL player murdered his pregnant girlfriend or was chrged with carrying a concealed weapon?

and 2: Heatley could have just as easily died in that car crash too,

and 2: Heatley could have just as easily died in that car crash too,

Which makes him less guilty for killing a teammate? It should have been Heatley who died that evening, not because I dislike him, because way too often do you hear about reckless or drunk drivers who get into accidents killing their passengers or people in other cars while the one who causes it survives.

And I certainly don't buy... "the poor guy will have to live with the horror of knowing he caused the death of this other person his whole life, isn't that awful?"... ANSWER - not as awful as BEING DEAD!

No one deserves to die, even heatley. what happened was an accident Heatly didn't intend for what happene to have happened

back on topic, it's good to see players who are truely dedicated to the game, I was quote excited to see the Jose Canseco is back at camp, this time with the Dodgers. He was one of my favs growing up (next to Stieb and Alomar)

At least Rob Ray himself is giving the NHL one last shot... the Senators resigned him last week and he's doing a conditioning stint with the AHL's Binghamton Senators right now.

Dedication... few would do it... Rickey Henderson, Jose Canseco come to mind.

Well, at least his skill set doesn't call for as much athleticism as Rickey or Jose... they were (are) just pathetic in their attempts to hold onto something that they should just give up...

P.S. - I wish Ray was still on Empire with Danny Gare during the intermissions; Grant Ledyard has the personality of a wet dishrag.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

ANSWER - not as awful as BEING DEAD!

...just a question, but you know this how?

Don't read me wrong, I'm not trying to downplay the tragedy of the whole situation, I'm just saying...

Can I use that argument after murdering 20 people?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

I have a friend who used to be pretty high in the administrative side for the Sabres and then the Capitals, now the Lightning and back in the 80's when he was with the Sabres he said that alcohol and drug abuse by NHL players was as bad if not worse than any other sport ESPECIALLY alcohol. He wouldn't name names but he said that at minimum 6 of the Sabres at the time were being monitored (ie babysat) by the team any time they went on the road to make sure they made it to the game, the plane etc.... And it wasn't any different on other teams....

...Which is EXACTLY why Bettman wants Winnipeg to stay out of the NHL! More players went off the wagon here than in any other city in the league, I'm sure of it...

Kordic was a regular at the PPI after every game against the Jets.

Grant Fuhr doing lines off a stripper's belly at the Marble Club.

Keith Tkachuk closing down many a St. James bar on the day before a game.

All locally documented by myself and other trusted sources. And you guys think we're some bushwump Prairie town...

Shenanigans indeed :hockeysmiley:

PS. Heatley killing his teammate wasn't exactly planned, so don't bother includng it in your rant. It was a terrible accident, so get off the kid's case.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Just because the majority of players are young, look shy and speak quietly doesn't mean they don't have as many demons as the more vocal NBA and NFL players.

I meant comparativly speaking look at the NBA the Portland Trailblazers alone have more arrest then the entire NHL.

Look ta the NFL Rae Carruth, a few years ago and now Jamal Lewis.

MLB Jose Canseco, Dwight Gooden, Darryl Strawberry all have been in and out of jail.

The NHL of the 4 majors have the fewest off ice arrests in recent years so compartivly speaking the NHL has the best citzens.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

What I think the reason could be is the Candian Juniors System it teaches responsibillity at an early age while

American High School students are treated special and get away with just about any thing they can with, for them its fun and parties.

While in Canada your junior team is a job, and you need dedication just to stay on the roster.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

ANSWER - not as awful as BEING DEAD!

...just a question, but you know this how?

Don't read me wrong, I'm not trying to downplay the tragedy of the whole situation, I'm just saying...

Can I use that argument after murdering 20 people?

You're taking it out of context... he said living with the knowledge that you killed your friend isn't as awful as being dead... I simply asked for a source.

A little morbid... back to the 'logos' talk.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived