Ot: Rob Ray's Potty Mouth

gbasalmon

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rob Ray is funny Its a shame the NHL goon is dying breed I miss the good ole days when a goon will have atleast one fight a game and the fans would go wild. :down: sigh

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I know this is all because of liberal hand ringing.

"Oh their is too much violence too much violence my kids will start emilating and want to fight in their own games."

Yet little do the realize its part of the game taht kept it exciting and prevented serious injures. There was no head hunting either back then, so that prevent cuncussions how amny stars players have been lost to cuncussions over teh last 10 years.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

No, it's wrong to bring up "liberal handwringing." Wayne Gretzky was the leading candidate to get rid of fights, and once he joined the fight, everybody just kinda nodded and said, "If the "Great One" said it, it must be true!" Notice that one year after he publishes his book and totally lambasts fighting, the instigator rule is put in.

"Oh their is too much violence too much violence my kids will start emilating and want to fight in their own games."

Yet little do the realize its part of the game taht kept it exciting and prevented serious injures. There was no head hunting either back then, so that prevent cuncussions how amny stars players have been lost to cuncussions over teh last 10 years.

At least in hockey the fighting and violence is kept on the ice, it not often (ever that I can remember) that anything has left the arena and followed someone home. They can settle their differences and be done with things.

Also, it was a big even at one time to have two teams with big enforcers play each other, who remembers the big battles between Domi, Ray and probert? those games got people to tune in and watch.

I'm not saying that the NHL should play up fights on the ice, but people wanted to goa nd see these players, and thats what the NHL should do again, get people excited in going to see the best players play against each other

At least in hockey the fighting and violence is kept on the ice, it not often (ever that I can remember) that anything has left the arena and followed someone home. They can settle their differences and be done with things.

Also, it was a big even at one time to have two teams with big enforcers play each other, who remembers the big battles between Domi, Ray and probert? those games got people to tune in and watch.

I'm not saying that the NHL should play up fights on the ice, but people wanted to goa nd see these players, and thats what the NHL should do again, get people excited in going to see the best players play against each other

Very true comapred to the NFL, MLB, and NBA

NHL players are never in any trouble off the ice.

Btw Habsnova Don Cherry is right. I agree with 100% about the visor issue, and who is hurting hockey because they are whimps.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Don Cherry is a racist nutjob. His constant rants are the same every week and always seem to be against "Euro's and Frenchies". He makes me sick...

Where's my violin? ;)

That visor comment was blown way out of proportion... he said most of the visor wearers in the NHL are Euros and Frenchies.... AND THEY ARE! That's not opinion, it's fact.

Oye.

Let's start censoring scientists whenever they prove something.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I admit, that was blown out of proportion. But he made an unfair generalization that French and European players were wussees.

But you have to admit that he is a major jerk to the French and European players. He's horribly biased toward the Leafs (As is that whole show), which gets INCREDIBLY annoying, especially during the playoffs. From memory:

Don: ...We have to get less of these damn Russians in this league..

[interrupting]Ron: Uh, Don, He's from Finland

Don: It's all the same thing!

I admit, that was blown out of proportion. But he made an unfair generalization that French and European players were wussees.

But you have to admit that he is a major jerk to the French and European players. He's horribly biased toward the Leafs (As is that whole show), which gets INCREDIBLY annoying, especially during the playoffs. From memory:

Don: ...We have to get less of these damn Russians in this league..

[interrupting]Ron: Uh, Don, He's from Finland

Don: It's all the same thing!

Eh, it's funny... like Archie Bunker type funny.

It leans to be biased towards the leafs fans because, well, it comes during the 1st intermission of every leafs game... and that just happens to be the biggest audience that tunes in. That's business... appeal to your largest market.

There was mass overreaction to the Conan stunt too, our politicians made me embarrased of my country.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived