Oklahoma City Thunderbirds

slapshot

Like many others, I worked up a contest for Paul Lukas' Uni Watch contest. I went with the Thunderbirds nickname, using the NBA-unique color scheme of maroon, gold and black.

Here is my first version:

2700596798_af1e4c8cf6_b.jpg

Then I tweaked the bird to have it in more of a downward-attacking pose, and to fit it in better with the city name in the wordmark:

2702201593_18381e953b_o.gif

and slightly updated uniforms:

2703020490_f683e612e1_o.gif

Most images I've seen of thunderbirds are front-angled, so that's why I did mine in more of a profile. But it definitely needs work.

Any thoughts?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

i actually like the first logo better, rotate the birds foot a little bit so that the space doesn't look so randomly spaced. Also, the left side of the oklahoma should be much thinner. The logo looks to plain IMO, so put maybe a stylized TB or something. But, overall a pretty good logo minus these small tweaks.

The colors and general shape of the logo remind me a lot of the D-League's Erie BayHawks. That shouldn't be a problem though. I'd say emphasize the maroon more than the black, like you have. I like the logos you have, but the thunderbolt imagery on the uniforms is a bit too much. A little gaudy. The wordmarks seem to be huge on the jersey, maybe scale them down a bit. I don't like how you haven't used the circle OKC secondary/tertiary logo at all. The numbers on the front are also very huge. Fix those things and you have a good concept in my book. Nice starting point.

P.S.-I for 1 am not bothered by the use of T-Birds. Others might be.

The colors and general shape of the logo remind me a lot of the D-League's Erie BayHawks. That shouldn't be a problem though. I'd say emphasize the maroon more than the black, like you have. I like the logos you have, but the thunderbolt imagery on the uniforms is a bit too much. A little gaudy. The wordmarks seem to be huge on the jersey, maybe scale them down a bit. I don't like how you haven't used the circle OKC secondary/tertiary logo at all. The numbers on the front are also very huge. Fix those things and you have a good concept in my book. Nice starting point.

P.S.-I for 1 am not bothered by the use of T-Birds. Others might be.

The OKC logo is on the waistband, the state logo is under the collar on the back of the jersey.

I love the logo. The jerseys? Not so much. I'd stay away from the lightning bolts on the uniforms and replace them with light brown and/or maroon stripes instead. Plus, Oklahoma city needs to be shortened to OKC or just Oklahoma on the road one. That's about it.

The uniforms are a bit garish...I will definitely tweak them. I was going to put OKC on the roads, but I thought it was too obvious a move, considering there's already ATL, PHX and PHILA in the league. Considering the font I used is similar to the Hawks', I thought that making an OKC jersey would look too much like a knockoff of the Hawks alt.

Archived