WHA Logos from the 1970s

TruColor

Yep...this is a weird one. I have a collection of old World Hockey Association logos - both on official logo sheets and on (what I think are) 35mm slides. Yes, slides.

The sheets are semi-complete - what I mean by this is that some of the logos on most of the sheets have been cut out, but the majority of the sheets are intact. And in addition, I have a fairly complete set of slides - each with a full-color logo. Here are the teams I've got:

• Cincinnati Stingers
  • Cleveland Crusaders
  • Alberta/Edmonton Oilers
  • Houston Aeros
  • Indianapolis Racers
  • Minnesota Fighting Saints
  • New England Whalers
  • Phoenix Roadrunners
  • Quebec Nordiques
  • San Diego Mariners
  • Toronto Toros
  • Winnipeg Jets
  • WHA Logo

With the logosheets, I do have a Calgary Cowboys one, just not on a slide.

I would love to get these slides transferred somehow...these should be traced in Illustrator as well. And...I've got Pantone colors for almost all of these. Yes, the WHA was using Pantones in the '70s!

Anyone have any advice as to what I should do?

I'll be glad to vectorize them for you. No Birmingham Bulls?

Do you have a way to transfer slides?

No Bulls...sorry. But the Toronto Toros is (obviously) similar.

And as for the Houston Aeros, the logosheet shows one logo:

Houston Aeros

(similar to this, but I think - monochrome/Blue)

...and the slide has a different one. One that I haven't found anywhere else.

Well not wanting to state the obvious but scan the slides first. Most scanners have slide adapters. Then you could vector them. Plus I think seeing them in the original format would be very cool, in a way almost better than a cleaned up vector version.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

My wife has all types of super video/slide/ etc... software... so, yes. Yes, I(she) can. She would be very happy to do this.

My wife has all types of super video/slide/ etc... software... so, yes. Yes, I(she) can. She would be very happy to do this.

Make him sign a receipt, Don ;)

Welcome to DrunjFlix

What I'll say is that my wife and I (and our two dogs) are going to be driving up to the Twin Cities around Labor Day again this year, so maybe I could bring the set and we could work something out.

We usually try to get up there for the State Fair (my wife is from Apple Valley, and her parents are there), and this time...

...we're going to be looking for houses.

Yep. We're gonna move there sometime in the near future. We need to help my wife's parents out, so we're packing up and leaving Colorado.

What I'll say is that my wife and I (and our two dogs) are going to be driving up to the Twin Cities around Labor Day again this year, so maybe I could bring the set and we could work something out.

We usually try to get up there for the State Fair (my wife is from Apple Valley, and her parents are there), and this time...

...we're going to be looking for houses.

Yep. We're gonna move there sometime in the near future. We need to help my wife's parents out, so we're packing up and leaving Colorado.

Hey cool, another Minnesotan on the board. I'll be at the fair as well one of the days, I'll try to spot you in the sea of 500 trillion people.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

You need two Stingers players, both wearing #8.

I forget who did this, but even as a 7 year old, I thought it was incredibly retarded.

*Found the info here. Robbie Ftorek and Claude Larose both wore #8 for the Stingers, which was quite stupid.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Update: The whole set (logosheets and slides) are well on their way to Chris's place. He's going to transfer the slides and scan the sheets for me, and then he'll also have some new (hopefully, better) quality versions of the logos for his own site.

Thanks to everyone else for their offers as well.

Archived