Jays Concept (** Revised)

Bailz

Here goes,

jaysW-1.jpg

Jersey Templates borrowed from Chris Creamer,

Ok, here is a modified set...

- "T" added to Alt uniform cap

- Powder Blues are gone, tried a different direction

- Logo removed from front, replaced with number.

- Font has undergone a slight change (enclosed, less art-deco)

- Red removed from piping

jaysWrev.jpg

Working on a primary with a less spherical ball, also slight mod to alt.... stay tuned.

C&C appreciated...

franchise.jpg

I thought the Maple Leaf T was pretty cool, and then you didn't use it anywhere in the concept! Not that it would have fit with what you have here, since you're really going for the old-school Blue Jays look. I like the updated Jay with the baseball, but does the ball really have to be an oval?

And as I'm looking at the concept, three different colors of piping on the pants might be too much.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

I thought the Maple Leaf T was pretty cool, and then you didn't use it anywhere in the concept! Not that it would have fit with what you have here, since you're really going for the old-school Blue Jays look. I like the updated Jay with the baseball, but does the ball really have to be an oval?

And as I'm looking at the concept, three different colors of piping on the pants might be too much.

I tried using the alt as a shoulder mark, it doesn't really show up all that well.

I "ovaled" the ball merely to try and modernize it ( the round one looked odd), also removed the stitching, as it seemed too bulky & cumbersome. I think you may be right about the piping on the pants... couldn't decide which colour to drop.... ideas?

franchise.jpg

I tried using the alt as a shoulder mark, it doesn't really show up all that well.

I "ovaled" the ball merely to try and modernize it ( the round one looked odd), also removed the stitching, as it seemed too bulky & cumbersome. I think you may be right about the piping on the pants... couldn't decide which colour to drop.... ideas?

Okay, I see the Maple-T now. I guess the problem is that it doesn't "fit" with the rest of the set. It's like the devil ray that's still on the sleeve of the Rays jerseys. Their identity is now all about the sun, but they still have this devil ray on their sleeve. You don't notice it very often, but it's a little awkward. As much as I like it, you'd probably be better off dropping it or implementing more of the current logos into this set. The problem is, I don't think much of the current logos, so you'd have to do something interesting with it or axe it.

I would probably go navy-aqua-navy for the pants piping. The red jumps out at me a bit more in a negative light. You could get away with navy-red-navy, but I don't think you want red or the lighter blue as the outside color for the piping. Of course, you can always play with it and see how it works.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

I "ovaled" the ball merely to try and modernize it ( the round one looked odd)

Obviously you are, but I'm not ready for this brave new spheroid-baseball world. Can you imagine someone pitching a knuckle-egger? ERAs will either skyrocket or plummet. I'm not sure.

The concept is pretty good. Familiar and comfortable stuff, but I'm not a proponent of adding all that red to assert their Canadian identity. The maple leaf behind the blue jay connotes it well enough, and it doesn't look good in the piping with the blue.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Very nice modernization. A few things:

-Use the 'T' on the caps.

-Lose the throwback powder blues. I'm sorry but those are hideous, I hate that they wear them now. I suggest doing a modern powder blue alt., even with the throwback-style cap.

-Change the logo on the front to the player number. It just looks funny. Maybe do an alt. with just the logo on the chest, like the Yankees "NY".

-Lastly change the font. It's okay as it is but with the modern logo and 'T' it looks a bit off. Maybe a subtle modernization will work there as well.

Overall though it's very nice.

I have to agree that I don't like the skewing of the baseball in the old school logo. I don't mind the traditional look with a more modernized/sharper bird. I think you went overboard with the ball, that's all.

The red eye make the bird look stoned or possessed!

I like the T logo embracing the Maple Leaf. And this is coming from someone who hate's the stand alone T logo.

In the days where people love the retro uniforms and could care less for their team's regular uniforms, why do teams of all sports try to come up with a uniform that has never been seen before and have it rejected by fans, when they can just look in the past and see that the best uniform to make is one that is already made?

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

OK, revised Primary... I have decided for now to leave the "T" as it is... Would love to get some input on preference between ball styles, as well as eye colour.

jaysaltered.jpg

C&C?

Bottom left is the best IMO, but the black part of the eye needs some tweaking. Try changing the two small white highlights into one larger one. And maybe change the black to a very dark blue, although I actually like the red too.

In the days where people love the retro uniforms and could care less for their team's regular uniforms, why do teams of all sports try to come up with a uniform that has never been seen before and have it rejected by fans, when they can just look in the past and see that the best uniform to make is one that is already made?

Because if they went with the retro uniforms full time, then those would become their regular uniforms, and the fans would be clamoring for them to go back to the ones they just got rid of to go retro.

Fans are stupid.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived