Some Nhl Concepts

Starchild

While I try and fix up my Toronto Raptors set for my redesign project, I stumbled upon my old NHL concepts I did around a year ago when I first started getting into jersey/logo designs (thanx to Waffles... got us through senior year computer graphics class... and by "us" I mean "me")

Most of them are simple design changes on the jersey itself, others are simple color changes on the logos... On all of them, however, I've kept their current logos (ie, with the Ducks and Panthers, it is their current logos, but colors have been changed).... you'll see where I'm going with this. None are too radical (except perhaps my Minn. Wild concept).

And just to throw it in, around the same time I designed a logo for an Israeli hockey team (b/c I'm Israeli... though it would be something cool to do)... not a serious concept, more of a comedic thing.. but while you're looking at the rest, feedback would also be appreciated for this as well. Thanx a ton.

Anyway, don't be too harsh since they're from my earliest designing period. Enjoy (if at all possible lol)

Atlanta Thrashers

*Used the old Hawks logo as a patch to kinda show some unity for the "Atlanta Birds"

Florida Panthers - "Black Panther" Concept

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (Home)

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (Road)

Minnesota Wild

*Used the Timberwolves "tree" design for the same reason as the Hawks/Thrashers

Pittsburgh Penguins (Alternate)

*Used the "Pigeon"-Penguins logo... I kinda liked it

Israeli Hockey Logo

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

I like your Thrashers and Ducks designs. With your thrashers, maybe make the numbers alittle sharper,they seem alittle dull and round around the edges. With your Penguins and Panthers designs, there isn't enough white or light colours, the Panthers are so dark its overpowering

Other than the dark colours; the design, line and quality of these are really good :grin:

...I did around a year ago when I first started getting into jersey/logo designs (thanx to Waffles... got us through senior year computer graphics class... and by "us" I mean "me")...

Good times...

As for the concepts, you've obviously progressed a whole lot since those days stuck on Photoshop 6.0 on 640x480 displays that took three hours to do anything on.

I know I wouldn't have the huevos to put my early stuff up (if I had kept any of it).

ack! The Ducks look WAY too much like the Sharkies. Overall, I like ALL the new looks. Interesting how a little color tweak changes, things.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Good work but I don't really care for them much. Tank is right, the colors are too dark.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived