Chad Johnson trying to change his last name

gatorade09

i like the guy. He's out there. You never know what you're gonna get with him. He plays the media like a fiddle, and ESPN eats up his gibberish and asks for seconds.

Half the things he says aren't true or even make sense, but they'll put it on SportsCenter. He's gotta be cracking up every time they do it.

Keep it up, Ocho Cinco...

I seriously hate it when I agree with you, but I agree with you.

The NFL is constantly trying to put a lid on players with personality or chutzpah. If Peyton went out there every week and did this kind of thing, it wouldn't be an issue, he'd be a breath of fresh air. Let the guy have his fun, it's not hurting anyone.

The best part of the interview: "There are guys (in the inner city) who are world-class athletes, but you don't know who they are because they don't have the ability to compete at that level." Brilliant.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The best part of the interview: "There are guys (in the inner city) who are world-class athletes, but you don't know who they are because they don't have the ability to compete at that level." Brilliant.

My head's in fits right now, because the way he probably said that statement, it doesn't mean what he thinks it means. But you can inject some subtlety in his language and then it magically does. I really love the English language, because for sticklers like me, we can rationalize away almost all instances of bad grammar.

Anyway, his point -- mixed as it is -- is a good one. Having the ability to connect to world-class training and facilities oftentimes counts for a big percentage of why an athlete can do what he does. Based on how many current NFL stars toiled in CFL or at part-time jobs delivering beer, happenstance counts for a lot.

If he wants to change his name to Ocho Cinco -- ridiculous it may be -- he should go for it. It's as good a name as "Johnson" and it's what he wants to do. I wouldn't stand in the way.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I don't have a problem with the guy... he's a harmless character in the vein of Art Donovan, John Riggins, William Perry or Craig Heyward.

Besides, it's not like he's even the first receiver who wore #85 to do something like this. In the 80's Mark Duper had his middle name legally changed to "Super."

Archived