PRODIGY: Challenge 6

maz

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry bruschi and dp, really. im so stumped on this challenge. but I really like devin's (surprise). although simple, the colors and that blue outline look nice.

bruschi, im sure that would look pretty good on an actual coin, but graphically its just really hard to tell how it'd look since there's no depth and such.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

As I said, I didn't really like it even when I posted it, it was more frustration that nothing seemed to be coming, and the idea that maybe something in it was tweakable or inspiring in a different way. For a design that's more centered, it might've been a real idea, but the way the logo is, it really didn't work.

I'm not saying they have to be fully formed ideas, but it would be really :censored:ing nice if someone besides DP and myself participated, on ANY level. I understand this stumping you, but :censored:, give feedback. PRETEND you're a member of this team.

Chill. Ive been gathering stuff Ive been seeing here and elsewhere as I go along and will post a hand-drawn idea soon.

oBIgzrL.png

An idea:

I was looking at Raleigh landmarks and what not, how about seeing if the NCSU Belltower is feasible to be worked in?

NCSU_Belltower.png

Perfectly understanding that the organization has no affiliation to the school and that there might not even be a large NCSU alum/fanbase in the group, but it seems like something that would be very iconic, enough to make up for it.

Not bad, the rays may be a good idea to run with.

An idea I just had, not sure if it's good or anything, but maybe go a little bit different from the norm of coins. Maybe supersize a logo or shape and put it in the corner, mess wit hthe placement of things isntead of having everything centered. Just somethin different

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Also, DP, can I get a copy of the vector that you've got going for the coin? I MIGHT have an idea for the reverse side.

Sure. AI, right?

Also, do you have the font Tahoma? That is what I used, and I don't know if I should convert the text to outlines or not.

And Maz, I like some of your ideas. I will see if there is any way I can work some parts of it in the design I did.

MegatronSig2.jpg

I thought I'd put this in the general thread for the challenge but it appears I hadn't, so I'm posting it here as well...

An advisory note or two to both teams, based on the concepts I'm seeing so far:

The legal disclaimer regarding the redemption must be large enough to be legible, which thus far hasn't been the case for either team. What I would personally recommend is placing this disclaimer around the outside perimeter of the reverse of the coin, sort of the same way "President of the United States of America" encircles the eagle icon in the presidential seal. It still should probably be as small as possible, but both teams are probably going too small with it.

Re-read the parameters of the contest closely. They aren't guidelines, but requirements established by either the client or, in most cases, by law. Without mentioning any specific instances, both teams have already deviated from them in at least some fashion that would render the finished product unusable. While some of the designs I see are pretty neat (I'm not a judge on this contest, so while I'm being as impartial as I can, I can at least express some general thoughts), they wouldn't be able to be used because of each team's inability to follow the required parameters.

nav-logo.png

Ok, I think I know what we arent following. Part of me says not to post it here because the other team can see it, but then again, the rules restrict all converesation of this to this here thread so...

1. The primary logo is the one with multiple dudes, which we (well, I) arent using. While it may not look as good as just one figure, he says thats the primary, and the primary, and the primary must be used according to the rules.

2. I think hes saying that the back must say "Dollars" as well as "TEN" and "FIVE"...in fact, the rules are alittle open on this one. It says not to put "$5 or $10" but it doesnt say anything about including numerals... mac, can you clarify on this? Is it words only or are numbers allowed?

Also, can the mods please sticky the challenge and team threads for this challenge and get rid of the old challenge thread up top?

oBIgzrL.png

Ok, I think I know what we arent following. Part of me says not to post it here because the other team can see it, but then again, the rules restrict all converesation of this to this here thread so...

1. The primary logo is the one with multiple dudes, which we (well, I) arent using. While it may not look as good as just one figure, he says thats the primary, and the primary, and the primary must be used according to the rules.

2. I think hes saying that the back must say "Dollars" as well as "TEN" and "FIVE"...in fact, the rules are alittle open on this one. It says not to put "$5 or $10" but it doesnt say anything about including numerals... mac, can you clarify on this? Is it words only or are numbers allowed?

Also, can the mods please sticky the challenge and team threads for this challenge and get rid of the old challenge thread up top?

Yes, I can clarify - the primary can be altered; I purposely used the term "in such fashion" to allow for some creative license. I realize the primary as it is may not be suitable for a coin-like layout; in fact I've found it's shape to be problematic for several different purposes, but we've kept it simply because pcgd did a great job on it.

And there's nothing wrong with the inclusion of numerals, but the written words "Five Dollars" or "Ten Dollars" need to appear on there somewhere. It's a legal thing our lawyers brought up when we first initiated the program last year - simply using a numeral without a written reference could not only lead to counterfeiting (not that I expect anyone's going to do that with a coin) but it could also result in some nit-wit making an incorrect assumption of what "5" or "10" means - particularly if it has a "$" in front of it (which, for example, could be misconstrued as being redeemable for cash, which these aren't).

nav-logo.png

No problem.

No problem.

Thanks. This makes it alot easier.

oBIgzrL.png

Use the alt logo, make the "<amount> DOLLARS" text a teeny bit bolder and numerals alittle stronger somehow, add sun rays, and maybe make one of them part gold instead of part silver, and thats a winner, IMO.

oBIgzrL.png

Archived