PRODIGY: Challenge 6

maz

red with gold would look killer. the one thing about it is that it reminds me of 1 and 2 euro coins, which also have the two different colors. not a big deal at all really, i love those coins, just saying. i think it's at least worth a try to see roman numerals on it, but i love where it's going.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All,

There is a reason that secondary logos are made, especially in corporate logos. Its to be used when the primary won't work for a variety of reasons. One of those being, layout.

If a long horizontal logo won't work in a circular space, that's why there is a smaller secondary logo available, exactly for instances like this.

Also, changing colors of the whole logo is one thing, but I'd highly recommend against throwing different colors into a logo haphazardly.

I'm not saying these things just for the contest, I'm saying this as a learning lesson when it comes to logo guides. You should almost NEVER change a logo. Copy it from the guide, and paste it in your project. Its why companies hire identity designers in the first place. Its one thing to take the one color logo and change it from black to say blue, but its another thing entirely to take that logo and make it 4 different colors. Big no-no.

(All of this is of course unless the client requests it. If he wants the primary and only the primary in there, you should do that. If he wants the logo colors changed, you should do that. But if the client says nothing about this...leave it be.)

Okay, I made some of the suggested changes. The reason I used that color blue before, was because it is the most used color, other than gray, in the logo. It wouldn't make much sense to me to use red on one of the coins. I tried the green or orange for the other one, but they didn't contrast enough with the gold or silver.

ChallengeCoins3.png

Also, I don't think the secondary logo looks much better on there than the primary, so I think we might be better off going with the primary, since that is what Mac would prefer. What do you guys think?

MegatronSig2.jpg

What would be the significance of sun rays, though?

1. to make it look less empty, without using the other logo

2. its a classic coin design

3. adds sort of a "majestic, pinnacle, ultimate" feel, y'know?

oBIgzrL.png

I think it's fine as is. Both the secondary and primary logo look good on it IMO. One question, why are the roman numerals so faded? There's not much contrast, and I'd say for continuity's sake either make it gold/silver or make the logo on the front faded as well.

spacer.png

I think it's fine as is. Both the secondary and primary logo look good on it IMO. One question, why are the roman numerals so faded? There's not much contrast, and I'd say for continuity's sake either make it gold/silver or make the logo on the front faded as well.

I was trying to show that it is the same color as the coin, just raised. I didn't want it to be too busy, and thought the 'Five Dollars' and 'Ten Dollars' should stick out more, with the roman numerals just reinforcing the amount the coin is for, so I didn't want both to stick out too much. Not sure if that makes sense to you guys,but that was my reasoning. If you guys think it needs changed, I'll change it. So, what else? We need to decide on color schemes for the coins. I think the blue/ silver should stay. I think it would look good just reversing the two colors on the smaller coin, rather than using gold, but what do you guys think? Also, roman numerals, or do we go with regular numbers. Primary or secondary logo? I think primary, because that is what he preferred, and I really don't think it looks bad on there. We need to decide on all of these things, though.

MegatronSig2.jpg

I say:

Secondary logo. The primary looks bad on there, IMO. I know he preferred the primary, but I think he'd understand that it looks better, and so will the judges.

Keep one as gold and one as silver, and keep the blue.

Make them regular numerals, and not roman numerals.

Other than that, I think we have a winner here.

oBIgzrL.png

I was trying to show that it is the same color as the coin, just raised. I didn't want it to be too busy, and thought the 'Five Dollars' and 'Ten Dollars' should stick out more, with the roman numerals just reinforcing the amount the coin is for, so I didn't want both to stick out too much. Not sure if that makes sense to you guys,but that was my reasoning. If you guys think it needs changed, I'll change it. So, what else? We need to decide on color schemes for the coins. I think the blue/ silver should stay. I think it would look good just reversing the two colors on the smaller coin, rather than using gold, but what do you guys think? Also, roman numerals, or do we go with regular numbers. Primary or secondary logo? I think primary, because that is what he preferred, and I really don't think it looks bad on there. We need to decide on all of these things, though.

I get what you're saying, you're right, just hard to see what it's like raised or whatever.

Color schemes are good as is (blue and silver and blue and gold)

I like the roman

Secondary

spacer.png

Well, I like the primary better, and I think I like the roman numerals, so this doesn't help much.

And SG30 never got put out of the contest, correct? The last time she was on was today. I wonder if she thought she was voted out, or just got sick of the contest, but it would be nice to know....... A fifth vote would help decide primary/secondary and Numbers/Roman numerals

MegatronSig2.jpg

Archived