Fantasy hockey concepts

DelayedPenalty

I'm organizing a fantasy hockey league through the Yahoo! Public Leagues, but setting it up amongst people I'm friends with on Facebook to get everything organized and out of the way before leagues start forming. The majority of my free time lately has been spent working on some concepts for my team, as well as many other peoples. I thought I'd share with you guys what I've been up to.

A lot of what I've done it templated jersey work. Didn't want to take a whole lot of time working up custom jersey styles or anything too time consuming. Also, most of the logos so far have been recolors and reworkings of existing logos from various sports teams.

If you'd like to join in the fun, PM me and I'll link you to the Facebook group. There are currently 7 teams, there can be a max of 20. C&C welcome!

Ann Arbor HC Anteaters: UC Irvine logo

A2HC-Crest.png

A2HC.png

A2HC-Wordmark.png

Ann-Arbor-Anteaters-Jerseys.png

Sudbury Winterhawks: Recolored/Modified Manly Warringah Sea Eagles logo

Sudbury-Winterhawks-Logo.png

Sudbury-Winterhawks-Jerseys.png

Special thanks to Elliot for the vector Edge templates. I used it for the first time on this concept and it worked out great! I might go back and do changes to the others to make them more dissimilar.

• 2 weeks later...

Announcing the newest addition to the Facebook Hockey League! The Nanaimo Grizzlies. I was looking for a place with a unique name that would stand out in people's minds. I have relatives on Vancouver Island, BC, and I've been to Nanaimo a couple of times. Now I know what some of you may be thinking, bears on an island? but trust me, they're there. You can go on nature sightseeing tours of the island and see the grizzlies fishing the rivers for salmon. Pretty cool.

The logo is a combination of the Memphis Grizzlies wordmark, and the bear from the Everett Silvertips (CHL). A few small adjustments to make them fit together better and a recolor.

NanaimoGrizzlies.png

For the jerseys I wanted a classic feel, and nothing too over the top. I like the Boston Bruins jerseys for that exact reason. The tie between Bruins and Grizzlies is strictly coincidence.

NanaimoGrizzliesJerseys.png

NanaimoGrizzliesRoadJersey.png

I'm still looking for more teams for my league (we're up to 6 registered). PM me for more details!

Awesome job, Delayed! I really love that Aardvarks set. Nice overall, too.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

CharlottetownIslanders.png

CharlottetownSecondary.png

CharlottetownIslandersRoad.png

CharlottetownIslandersHome.png

I went with the Wild's idea of using different logos for the different jerseys. Having a logo that says the city name on a home sweater never made much sense to me, so I used that one only on the road jerseys.

It's funny because there actually already is a team called that. Its a Major Midget team though, so I think you're ok lol.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Keeping the concepts coming! The 13 team in the league, the Saskatchewan Thunder!

I very slightly modified the Marshall Thundering Herb logo, darkened the brown and made it a bit more menacing. Los Angeles Kings jerseys modified as well.

SaskatchewanThunderAway.png

SaskatchewanThunderHome.png

5 spaces left in the league! PM me for more info if you're interested!

Archived