Norfolk Admirals 20th Anniversary Logo

BostonBlazer

The AHL's Norfolk Admirals have just recently unveiled their 20th anniversary logo. It's better than their previous logo IMO. It's actually not bad.

20thAnniversaryWeb.jpg

It looks good! Their new RBK Edge look is horrible though. The logo doesn't match and the colors of red, royal, and yellow are not very pleasing to the eye.

I think its a decent looking logo, a bit busy maybe. My problem is it doesn't really say 20th anniversary to me. It looks like they just wrote it in after the logo was finished. However, im not really familiar with the history of the team logos so maybe this amalgamation does the job.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

As a Norfolk resident, I can offer a bit of commentary. The logo is supposed to be a "combination" of the four logos the Admirals have had in their history. The first logo was an anchor surrounded by five stars. The second also featured the anchor with stars. The current logo is the battleship shooting the Oreo cookies. The current colors are red, blue, and yellow, so the colors are right. It's not being put as a main crest on a jersey for now. If anything, it might be a patch or the center ice logo. Former Admiral Dennis McEwen came up with the idea, so it's from a hockey player's mentality (at least McEwen's mentality).

The logo is supposed to be a "combination" of the four logos the Admirals have had in their history.

Yep, that's why it's a mess.

Had forgotten that they added blue to their colors when they went to EDGE jerseys, but they still use a black battleship logo. Looks strange to me in blue.

Wow. That is an unmitigated disaster.

Looks like something I'd've done six-plus years ago for my rec league team (also named the Admirals).

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Wow. That is an unmitigated disaster.

Looks like something I'd've done six-plus years ago for my rec league team (also named the Admirals).

The exception, of course, being that that one looked good.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I'm not a fan of the way that the anchor seems to "weave" in and out of the strokes near the battleship and the wordmark. The ship and the blue stroke behind the word "admirals" appear to be one visual element...and the anchor splitting it up bugs me.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

It isn't really a 20th anniversary, though, is it? You know, considering the Admirals have only been in the AHL for about half of that time...

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

It isn't really a 20th anniversary, though, is it? You know, considering the Admirals have only been in the AHL for about half of that time...

They've been in existence for 20 years. How many years they've been in the AHL is meaningless, the franchise itself has been around since 89.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

They've been in existence for 20 years. How many years they've been in the AHL is meaningless, the franchise itself has been around since 89.

I wish somebody would remind the Packers of that. I'm really sick and tired of seeing all that "Est. 1921" merchandise.

Interesting that both of the AHL's Admirals came from different leagues....

Archived