Aces Baseball Logo

jaha32

Here is another logo I made recently. I like it when teams have names that are somehow related to the sport as well as being a cool word outside of the sport such as the Louisville Bats and the old Calgary Cannons. So I chose Aces for this one and think Las Vegas would be an obvious choice for such a name although they already have the 51's it doesnt matter.

It's pretty basic except for the arm in the "A". It's a lightning quick follow through of the pitching ace with the ball. I know that at this point in the follow through the ball would be gone but the ball has to be there or it doesnt make sense. It's not exactly a realistic portrayal of how a hand holds a baseball but thought it wouldnt look as nice if the ball wasnt a complete circle covered by the hand. I didnt want to sacrifice the look just for the sake of realism. The back shape is the same as the famous "Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas" sign which I think completes this off well. The colors were chosen because they are the same color as playing cards and the gold seems to match Vegas's flashiness as a city.

So what do you think about this overall?

AcesJPG.jpg

I thought about the lights in the sign but thought it might make it to busy since the sign isnt really the focal point. IDK. As far as the gradient I only used it because the arm needs to be the same color as the words except where it crosses over the right side of the "A" because if its red there, it will get lost. Im trying to think of how to do that without a gradient. I have a few ideas that I wll play around with and see if it looks good.

although i keep seeing them, i probably will never be a fan of gradients

other than that, i really like this

good job on not going with a spade or things of that sort, original=better

I think the gradients here are simple and well-placed. Not as intrusive and "eyesore-ish" as others, like say the original Devil Rays. All in all, this is a superb logo. Shows a bit of Vegas (sign shape) yet references Aces as a baseball term. Well done.

Although the watermark is a bit obstructive to the viewing of the logo. I'd tone down the opacity a bit.

Very nice, simple, yet affective.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

This completly suits a team in Las Vegas , the name is great and the logo works very well , may need a bit of touching up if were to be used for a pro team , but the simplicity makes interchangeable for any pro sports team that decides to move/expand to Vegas ... Well done sir

I'm speechless, you work is great in so many ways.

It's a good idea that you minimalized the gradient. If it covered the entire words or even just one letter, it would be icky too look at it. Additionally, I love how you used elements other than playing card symbols, the Las Vegas diamond-shaped background is a great idea. Very well thought.

As a bonus, the word Ace also defines people with alot of skill, so the team name could have a double meaning. Not just the highest card in the deck.

Your sir get 5 stars!

(**)(**)(**)(**)(**)

Archived