Buffalo Bills... a different helmet.

hettinger_rl

As I've been looking at the buffalo skull hanging in my living room I've noticed that the horns do a slight "S" curve. If the head would be low and charging I think it would look like this.

Bis5.png

I have looked at the Buffalo Bulls helmet and I feel that the horn looks too small on the helmet. I also want the base to be close to the ear hole because the horn would be close to the ear. The problem is that I want the tip of the horns to stop towards the front of the helmet.

Which color combo looks best?

Should I go further with the cape buffalo look?

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

As I've been looking at the buffalo skull hanging in my living room I've noticed that the horns do a slight "S" curve. If the head would be low and charging I think it would look like this.

Bis5.png

I have looked at the Buffalo Bulls helmet and I feel that the horn looks too small on the helmet. I also want the base to be close to the ear hole because the horn would be close to the ear. The problem is that I want the tip of the horns to stop towards the front of the helmet.

Which color combo looks best?

Should I go further with the cape buffalo look?

This design is much better.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

I like the new "hemlets"! LOL

Kind of reminds me of the Rams, though.

Made that correction. Thanks. I think that any helmet with a big curve will look like the rams. These could work when the team moves to Toronto though ;)

If they move to Toronto, they aren't gonna be the Toronto Bills. You do understand the name, Buffalo Bills, right? And the reason for the buffalo in the logo?

And I know you're trying for something unique, but it's still gonna seem like a Rams rip-off no matter what cuz the horns on the helmet have already been done.

That would be 3 teams with horns on there helmets. The same number of teams who use birds on their helmets, Falcons, Cardinals, and Seahawks. Then again horns seem a little generic, same basic shape, unless you could find a new way to make them stand out from the Rams and Vikings.

The last one you did reminds me of the 1968 Colorado Buffaloes helmets.

ColoradoBuffaloes.jpgColoradoBuffaloes2.jpg

Made that correction. Thanks. I think that any helmet with a big curve will look like the rams. These could work when the team moves to Toronto though ;)

If they move to Toronto, they aren't gonna be the Toronto Bills. You do understand the name, Buffalo Bills, right? And the reason for the buffalo in the logo?

And I know you're trying for something unique, but it's still gonna seem like a Rams rip-off no matter what cuz the horns on the helmet have already been done.

yea the NFL already has its share of horns on helmets with the rams and the vikings so i think theyre done with horn ideas.
yea the NFL already has its share of horns on helmets with the rams and the vikings so i think theyre done with horn ideas.

The NFL's horny enough as it is.

*oh good, tomatoes. Now I don't have to buy ketchup*

That would be 3 teams with horns on there helmets. The same number of teams who use birds on their helmets, Falcons, Cardinals, and Seahawks. Then again horns seem a little generic, same basic shape, unless you could find a new way to make them stand out from the Rams and Vikings.

There are five with birds and seven teams that use the same basic triangular shape on their helmets. I don't see how horns will hurt.

I was joking about the team going to Toronto, hence the ;).

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

The NFL's horny enough as it is.

*oh good, tomatoes. Now I don't have to buy ketchup*

There are five with birds and seven teams that use the same basic triangular shape on their helmets. I don't see how horns will hurt.

I was joking about the team going to Toronto, hence the ;).

But only 4 of those teams use a Bird on there helmets. I totally spaced on the Ravens. :D

Archived