Jason Bay's Bat

mantleisthebest7

Hey guys,

Not meaning to waste space at all with an odd subject, but ive noticed something different about Jason Bay's bat more and more. It seems to me that Jason's bat is much, much bigger than other players' bats are, like the barrel is much larger on it it seems. I was watching one of the Angels-Red Sox games a while back and that's when I started noticing, because just seeing his compared to guys like Youkilis and Pedroia and even Big Papi, it looks like that barrel is much, much larger. Does anyone know if he uses like a special custom bat? And if so, what size is it and what weight? Sorry again if this is a dumb question, its just been a burnin question lately and i didnt know if somebody might know something about it.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

He must be cheating.

That :censored: is precisely why people don't like Red Sox fans. I read mantle's post and at no point did he even insinuate that Bay was cheating. Typical.

I was being sarcastic... he made a whole rant about the Red Sox and then posts a topic whether Jason Bay's bat is bigger than everyone else's. I can read you know. :D

He must be cheating.

That :censored: is precisely why people don't like Red Sox fans. I read mantle's post and at no point did he even insinuate that Bay was cheating. Typical.

I was being sarcastic... he made a whole rant about the Red Sox and then posts a topic whether Jason Bay's bat is bigger than everyone else's. I can read you know. :D

My bad. Sorry about that. I wasn't aware that there was more to this than what was in the thread.

BB52Big.jpg

Oh i'm in no way trying to say he's cheating, infact I posted this before my red sox rant. I like Jason Bay alot and i'm not even clost to saying he's cheating at all. Its just been a burning question, I just dont normally see a barrel that big. Oh, and to whopever asked what model it was, i cant tell but it looks like a rawlings, perhaps a big stick model. No pun inteded, it just has that stripe near the handle that Big Sticks have.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

I would think maybe the handle is just smaller, making the barrel look bigger, as a poster above mentioned. The only thing I can think of to help is a posting about a Jason Bay game used bat...

Jason Bay Rawlings game used bat from the 2008 Boston Red Sox

Model number: 807XL

Batch: 497

Year: 08

Hope that helps in the slightest bit.

IUe6Hvh.png

Because he's Canadian, Bay's bat has a 2" curve in the end of it. This allows him better home run placement when swinging.

I hope this answers your question.

Wow thats a great expanation actually, makes sence I think lol. And The model number and manufactuer will probably help if I am to look up the info given by InTheEnd88 as well. Thanks guys, sorry for the random question but it makes sence now haha. Thanks again for the help everyone.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

Archived