Russian National Hockey Team

speedy

With the IOC coming down on sporting federations, disallowing their use of federation logos on Olympic uniforms, I thought what better time to do an IIHF series...

I toyed with this one for a few days, struggling to decide between a Red/Blue/White striping pattern or a Red/Maroon/White pattern, overall as you can see, I chose the latter. I'm a bit worried this will conjure up thoughts of the old Soviet teams, however with the way Russia's going, it fits. Plus I've always loved ebod's use of multiple reds on his Russian design for... Nagano, I believe? The striping is loosely based of the 1980 uniforms. For the crest I simply went with a vibrant bold "Russia", another hearken back to the old Soviet dynasty. Something simple, yet classy.

TeamRussia.png

C&C as always..

I'm getting more of a Latvian (or maybe Polish) vibe from this for some reason. I think there needs to be a tie in to the blue from the Russian flag to differentiate.

I'm enjoying the abundance of hockey concepts popping up on this board all of a sudden! Keep up the good work guys!

I'm getting more of a Latvian (or maybe Polish) vibe from this for some reason. I think there needs to be a tie in to the blue from the Russian flag to differentiate.

Latvia's flag is actually burgundy and white (and I figure their sports teams are too; I'm not sure if they're like an Italy or Australia, but I don't think they are). However, I certainly agree with you, DP about needing some blue in the uniforms. When I think of post-Soviet Russian jerseys, I think of white jerseys with blue and red accents. Granted, you'll need a dark jersey as well as a white, so I'd favor red over blue as the dominating color. However, make some fairly large element on the red jersey white, and include a healthy bit of blue.

Also, I don't get the black. The pattern makes me think of Belarus. (See the Belarussian Soviet-era flag.)

And good call Gordie, I was having trouble figuring out "Rossnya." Reminds me a bit of the Russian word for pink.

I think it's a good start, but it looks very Soviet-Belarussian. Keep working ^_^

Also, I don't get the black.

There is no black.

Must be my screen. Brown? Dark bloodclot? Color that is not on Russia's flag? I still don't really get it.

Must be. And I'm not sure it's a requirement for a color on the jersey to be on the nations flag, but oh well, moving on..

DP, there is a Red/Blue version of this, but I put it on the back burner mostly because of personal preference.. when I have a little more time, I'll post it.

With the IOC coming down on sporting federations, disallowing their use of federation logos on Olympic uniforms, I thought what better time to do an IIHF series...

I toyed with this one for a few days, struggling to decide between a Red/Blue/White striping pattern or a Red/Maroon/White pattern, overall as you can see, I chose the latter. I'm a bit worried this will conjure up thoughts of the old Soviet teams, however with the way Russia's going, it fits. Plus I've always loved ebod's use of multiple reds on his Russian design for... Nagano, I believe? The striping is loosely based of the 1980 uniforms. For the crest I simply went with a vibrant bold "Russia", another hearken back to the old Soviet dynasty. Something simple, yet classy.

TeamRussia.png

C&C as always..

I like it, very old school. Maybe combine the old with the new and put hte surrent Russia logo as a shoulder patch.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Archived