Players Returning to Previous Teams

ShinyHubCaps

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some may argue over wrestling as a sport, I know it's fake and I dont even watch it, but who can deny that Hulk Hogan is one of the top athletes of our ages. He had 4 or 5 stints with the WWF/WWE over his career...

WWF (1979-1980)

Hulk_Hogan_-_Terry_Bolea_15(3).jpg

WWF (1983-1993)

hulk_hogan_2.jpg

WWF/WWE (2002-2003)

967c.jpg

"Hollywood" Hulk Hogan

2jchaol.jpg

"Mr. America" hahahha

WWE (2005-2007)

hulk-hogan-interview-20050701022156.jpg

(notice the gradual darkening of the skin tone)

bruins3.png

spokedb3.jpg

WWF/WWE (2002-2003)

967c.jpg

"Hollywood" Hulk Hogan

That looks like WCW (I know, it's the same now, but it wasn't always)... look at the crappy barricades that WCW had while WWF had the strong ones that were 12" wide.

Anyway, if we add Hulk Hogan, then the wrestling fans on the board will want to add the million other wrestlers to go back to their former brands, including all of the old guys in the "Gimmick Battle Royal" and WrestleMania X7 (that's about the time I stopped watching, by the way).

Okay...what is up with the seams in Ty Law's #22 Jets jersey? Anyone else see what I see???

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Okay...what is up with the seams in Ty Law's #22 Jets jersey? Anyone else see what I see???

I don't see a problem with the seams in the #22 jersey; but I do see a problem with the numbers. He has two different 2's: diagonal 2's on the sleeves, and regular block 2's on the front.

The Jets have always been horribly inconsistent with their numbers, never moreso than during the 1980s. While I cannot find any pictures to prove this right now, I can remember during the Ken O'Brien era seeing guys on the field at the same time with different 2's and different 7's.

The curvy 7 was the standard. O'Brien always had the curvy 7:

nyj_obrien_ken2.jpg

Joe Klecko sometimes had it and sometimes not:

joe_klecko2.jpgJoe%20Klecko%2005-iC.jpg

(And it wasn't just a home/away split, as we see from O'Brien's curvy 7 on the road jersey.)

(An aside: Why can't I put the Getty images inside the "img" tag on this board?)

If someone could find a picture that proves this side-by-side inconsistency with the 2's and the 7's that I am remembering, that would be great.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

(An aside: Why can't I put the Getty images inside the "img" tag on this board?)

Getty Images has dynamic image tags to prevent hotlinking (posting on message boards with their bandwidth). Acceptable file extensions are like .jpeg and .png, as opposed to dynamic tags like the Getty ones. It could also discourage people from nabbing pictures without buying them.

On subject, I thought of quite a few coaches (Ned Yost, Robin Yount, Dale Svuem, and Ted Simmons from the 2008 Brewers alone), but I know that there are many more out there and I don't want to post the pictures. It's nothing special as it's so common.

Archived