NBA courts concepts

Delux247

Well, not quite every team. There are 4 teams whose court I like enough to leave alone (I don't like posting concepts that I believe aren't as good or better than the real thing). Traditionalists may want to avert their eyes. First up, the Northeast division:

bosconjpg.jpg

njcon.jpg

nycon.jpg

phicon.jpg

torcon.jpg

ujsignature.png

I hate to start off negative, but I don't think any of these concepts are better than the originals. The execution looks rushed as well. I'd like to see a more complete package, namely baseline text.

Celtics: Don't like that logo (certainly not better than the leprechaun) and too much black, even for a radical concept.

Knicks: not enough orange

Sixers: not enough anything besides black

Raptors: Bland

Nets: Best of divison (which is called Atlantic btw)

Bulls: pretty good, not better than current though

Cavs, Pistons, Pacers, Bucks: All nice, could be cleaner execution though

Good idea for concepts, needs work though.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Thanks for the feedback guys. I hear you on all the rushing & baseline text comments. All I have to work with is MS Paint & the files from this site. Given that criteria, here's the Southeast division:

atlcon.jpg

chacon.jpg

miacon.jpg

orlconjpg.jpg

Washington's court was one that I thought was done as well as possible.

ujsignature.png

I just wanted to comment on these concepts.

ATLANTIC

Boston: I wanted to keep the classic parquet. Since their team colors seem to be limited to white & green, there isn't much to do differently from their current court. I love their alternate jerseys and wanted to represent that a bit on the floor.

New Jersey: I love this one. Again, the alternate jersey was used for inspiration. I'm not too happy that they removed the alternate logo on the wings so I replaced that. The 2-tone look is classy in my opinion and I think it fits here.

New York: Currently they have the most bland court in the league. As you'll see throughout these concepts, I looked to the jerseys for inspiration. I tried to represent the proportions of colors in the jerseys on the floor here.

Philadelphia: There is definitely a dearth of blue here, but look at their logos and jerseys - also a dearth of blue.

Toronto: Silver lines may not work on this floor, but I like it better than white within the Raptors' color scheme. This is pretty similar to their current floor but that's just a testament to how much I like their current look.

ujsignature.png

The Denver floor sucks!

Instead of just padding your post count with short little comments, you should really start explaining why you think some are "lame" or why something "sucks".

Why?

Beacause it's not usual.

I hate those designs.

BTW, Kings floor sucks why?

A white floor?

Hell no!

The Denver floor sucks!

Instead of just padding your post count with short little comments, you should really start explaining why you think some are "lame" or why something "sucks".

Why?

Beacause it's not usual.

I hate those designs.

A white floor?

Hell no!

It's not white. Take another look; very light wood color.

ujsignature.png

The Denver floor sucks!

Why?

Beacause it's not usual.

I hate those designs.

A white floor?

Hell no!

Why?

Because explaining why you don't like something may help make the concept better.

Just saying "it sucks" and "hell no" are rude, juvenile, and will lead you to be suspended or banned because they only increase your post count and don't make you a constructive member of this message board.

Understand now?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The Denver floor sucks!

Why?

Beacause it's not usual.

I hate those designs.

A white floor?

Hell no!

Why?

Because explaining why you don't like something may help make the concept better.

Just saying "it sucks" and "hell no" are rude, juvenile, and will lead you to be suspended or banned because they only increase your post count and don't make you a constructive member of this message board.

Understand now?

THANK YOU!!

As for the concepts, The ones for the Thunder and Warriors hurt my eyes. I dunno if that is what you were going for. haha. I do think you should add some lettering on the backs. It would make it look better and more complete. I don't really follow basketball so I don't know what the courts look like compared to what they have now. But the lettering on the sides will probably help you out in this concept.

Some very cool work in here! I'm a sucker for some of the more modern twists to a court, so I really like things like the bird at the bottom of the Phoenix court, the Blazers' "tail marks" (or whatever those are called), and the basketballs for Orlando. The Nets and 76ers work well as well, I think.

Being a Colorado kid, though, I'm going to have to take slight issue with the Denver floor. Those colors just aren't working. I think part of it is that the main part of the hardwood looks very peachy in color, and that just innately clashes with the sky blue and gold. I like that you incorporated the blue into it, but there might be too much of it right now. I'd put it in the key, and maybe even make it the darker blue that the Nuggets are becoming so fond of lately (see: the tweaks to their primary for this year). I like the mountain + banner logo, but I think that works better in a smaller version (similar to what they have now, in the corners). I think that the pick-axe logo works very well as a center-court design - it's very unique. The other option might be to use the just mountain logo, with no "Denver" banner. I've always wanted to see what that'd look like on the court (though outlined in blue, cause just white wouldn't go so well :P ) .

Excellent work you've got in this thread :) .

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

Archived