Fixing the Bengals and Titans

Sport

This is part of a series I've been working on where I take the problems with some current NFL sets and working with elements of that set that I like I've tried to improve the whole set by dumping elements that clutter or mess up the rest of the uniform. I took three shots at the Bengals, but only one at the Titans. The San Diego Chargers are coming soon. Tell me what you think.

For the Bengals, I did away with the white side stripe, and switched the tiger stripes on the sleeves to represent a real tiger (black stripes on orange background). The road jersey is mostly the same except for the stripe change, the numbers are now orange instead of black and the elastic arm band is now orange. Kept the helmet the same. I also added a pair of orange alternate pants. these would preferably be worn with the white jersey only. I also removed the collegiate B logo from underneath the collar and replaced it with the team wordmark.

CincinnatiBengals.png

For this attempt I got rid of the upper stripe above the sleeves and again eliminated the white side stripe. On the whites I removed the orange yoke that currently exists. And didn't give the players a choice between black and orange socks. Here, they'll wear orange with the black pants to avoid the leotard look. Mixing and matching is always allowable in this set.

CincinnatiBengals2.png

The jerseys here are the same as in option two, but with orange pants

CincinnatiBengals3.png

The titans uniforms were about making the two uniforms consistent across the board. The home uniforms are the same except for the navy outline around the names. The difference comes in with the white road jerseys. The columbia blue yoke is now navy and the main body numbers are reversed Columbia outlined in navy. The helmet stripes match the white pants stripes as I did away with the two points that are on the front of the helmet now.

TennesseeTitans.png

Thanks to LewJ for the awesome templates

PvO6ZWJ.png

IMO you didn't address two of the biggest issues with either team's jerseys.

Bengals: That number font does not work with those jerseys at all. Granted, it looks better in the context of the other changes you made, but I really think that they need a more unique (less Bearsish) font, or a return to the block. Maybe a modified block even.

Titans: The TV numbers on the light-blue jerseys need to be white, so that they stand out more and are consistent with the main numbers.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

IMO you didn't address two of the biggest issues with either team's jerseys.

Bengals: That number font does not work with those jerseys at all. Granted, it looks better in the context of the other changes you made, but I really think that they need a more unique (less Bearsish) font, or a return to the block. Maybe a modified block even.

Titans: The TV numbers on the light-blue jerseys need to be white, so that they stand out more and are consistent with the main numbers.

+1

I'd love to see these designs with a block font. But I would add that the pants design would be a full stripe, as opposed to the tapered design they have.

Great work on these!

Archived