Is Bruce Bowen A Dirty Player?

the_cynic

Is Bruce Bowen a dirty player?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I ran into an interesting article the other day on San Antonio's Bruce Bowen. If you don't know what's going in regards to Bruce Bowen, please read the article. So what do you think, is he a dirty player in your eyes?

Here's a link.

20030701_i0n6o0k2i_155752.gif

(This video clip is of Bruce Bowen kicking Wally Szczerbiak in the face.)

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Funny you should mention... I've seen one NBA game live in my life, and Bruce Bowen undercut Vince Carter on a jumpshot, Carter hurts his ankle, leaves for the rest of the game, out for a few weeks.

Although Carter's shooting style contributes to his getting undercut, it's no coincidence that Bowen is involved in so many player injuries.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I ran into an interesting article the other day on San Antonio's Bruce Bowen.  If you don't know what's going in regards to Bruce Bowen, please read the article.

You didn't post a link to the article.

Anyway, it looks to me like Bowen made his leap before Szczerbiak made his move. Kicking somone in the face isn't something you can do intentionally on the court without it being completely obvious. I'm not sure about his everyday antics, but, to me, this incident looks accidental.

How close was the game that he was trying that leaping desperation block? It certainly doesn't look like something you'd try during the course of a normal game.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Sorry, I went ahead and edited my post.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I ran into an interesting article the other day on San Antonio's Bruce Bowen. If you don't know what's going in regards to Bruce Bowen, please read the article.

Anyway, it looks to me like Bowen made his leap before Szczerbiak made his move. Kicking somone in the face isn't something you can do intentionally on the court without it being completely obvious. I'm not sure about his everyday antics, but, to me, this incident looks accidental.

How close was the game that he was trying that leaping desperation block? It certainly doesn't look like something you'd try during the course of a normal game.

But come on... who jumps to block a shot feet first? Usually it's more of a football punt blocking flail than a ninja leap-kick.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived