Old Time Football league

raysox

Hey guys, I have my 2nd concept. It's for the Chicago Hornets. Not to much to say about this either. Enjoy.

(Chicago team)

C&C please. Next is New York.

I'm still open for team name ideas.

I like the jerseys but whats with the font on the logo? It needs to be a little cleaner but overall good concept!

It's not a font, its just "freehanded" letters, I might try it again.

Since it's 50s based...

Philadelphia Bandstanders

I did a project on American Bandstand this year. Of course, I like the idea of the numbers in the helmet.

I was grasping at straws trying to find a nickname that isn't too cliche (Pioneers, Patriots, Liberty Bells, [insert patriotic nickname here]) and I thought that Bandstanders had a great ring to it, fit the time frame, and provided nearly endless concept ideas. Heck - they could have a Dick Clark sleeve patch!

Long Live the Philadelphia Bandstanders!!!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Since it's 50s based...

Philadelphia Bandstanders

I did a project on American Bandstand this year. Of course, I like the idea of the numbers in the helmet.

I was grasping at straws trying to find a nickname that isn't too cliche (Pioneers, Patriots, Liberty Bells, [insert patriotic nickname here]) and I thought that Bandstanders had a great ring to it, fit the time frame, and provided nearly endless concept ideas. Heck - they could have a Dick Clark sleeve patch!

Long Live the Philadelphia Bandstanders!!!

The 50's was all about cliches...

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I think the fact that the letters in Chicago's logo are a bit uneven make it look more authentic. If you look at some old football logos, they weren't always perfect, especially when made in the shape of something.

yes....that's what I was going for :D

Yeah I guess so

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I think the fact that the letters in Chicago's logo are a bit uneven make it look more authentic. If you look at some old football logos, they weren't always perfect, especially when made in the shape of something.

Yeah I guess so

ahhahah I didn't really do it on purpose, I just did bad. Heres an update for the Hornets, with fixed letters.

CHIH.png

What about a team in Miami? I bought a St. Pete Pelicans hat today, and it inspired me.

Yeah I guess so

ahhahah I didn't really do it on purpose, I just did bad. Heres an update for the Hornets, with fixed letters.

CHIH.png

What about a team in Miami? I bought a St. Pete Pelicans hat today, and it inspired me.

For Miami, I'd go for an aquatic mascot, maybe the Threshers?

162531.JPG

...or the Barracudas?

barracuda.jpg

Watching the "Greatest Game Ever Played" special gave me an idea for some concepts. I want to make a 10 team league set back in the 1950's. Logos and jerseys will be rsimilar to the ones they used back then. Examples: Logos, Jerseys. So here are the 10 cities that will get teams.

If anyone objects to the cities, post your opinions. I also need team names, so can you please help?

If I make a template now, I could get a concept done by tonight.

I like your idea. A couple of questions. What color are the Boston uniforms? Is it Black or Dark Green? If you want Green I'd go with Kelly Green. And I'm sure that you already know that the Chicago Hornets were a member of the All-America Football Conference in 1949? The AAFC is the league that spawned the Browns and 49ers.

I'd replace St. Louis with Buffalo. Buffalo has a much longer and storied pro football tradition than St. Louis.

And "Skyliners" just doesn't sound very "footballish," especially for the '50s. That name goes better on a Ford retractable hardtop automobile or a doo-wop rock and roll group. Orange & Royal are great for a New York team since they are the city's official colors already. But you need a more forceful name than "Skyliners."

A suggestion for a nickname and colors:

Buffalo Frontiersmen- for the Niagara Frontier of Western New York State- Navy Blue, Silver and White.

A suggestion for a nickname and colors:

Buffalo Frontiersmen- for the Niagara Frontier of Western New York State- Navy Blue, Silver and White.

I'm sure Buffalo would be more feasible than St. Louis for the reasons you mentioned. As far as nicknames go, it would probably have to be something other than Bison/Bisons.

For example:

Frontiersmen

Roughriders

Stampeders

Bullets (Name rejected by Ralph Wilson in favor of Bills)

Nickels (same as above)

Rangers (NFL entry in the 20's)

Archived