Old Time Football league

raysox

Watching the "Greatest Game Ever Played" special gave me an idea for some concepts. I want to make a 10 team league set back in the 1950's. Logos and jerseys will be rsimilar to the ones they used back then. Examples: Logos, Jerseys. So here are the 10 cities that will get teams.

If anyone objects to the cities, post your opinions. I also need team names, so can you please help?

If I make a template now, I could get a concept done by tonight.

Baltimore Admirals

Boston Shamrocks

Brooklyn Bulldogs

Buffalo Rangers

Chicago Hornets

Cincinnati Braves

Cleveland Stevedores

Denver Mountaineers

Detroit Mechanics

Houston Drillers

Los Angeles Coyotes

Milwaukee Hunters

New York Skyliners

Philadelphia Brawlers

Pittsburgh Iron Men

St. Louis Gunners

San Francisco Gold Rushers

Washington Senators

I know you want to have just ten teams, so this is the best I could do for names that might sound like they could've been around in the 50's-60's.

I started doing the concepts for this today, once I got the template done. The first is for the Boston Shamrocks. Nothing out of the ordinary here. On the helmets, I put a shamrock, with the respective players number. Enjoy!

BOS.png

I have the jerseys done for the Chicago Hornets, but I don't have a logo. They'll be next, if I can find a logo.

I started doing the concepts for this today, once I got the template done. The first is for the Boston Shamrocks. Nothing out of the ordinary here. On the helmets, I put a shamrock, with the respective players number. Enjoy!

BOS.png

I have the jerseys done for the Chicago Hornets, but I don't have a logo. They'll be next, if I can find a logo.

Nice touch with the numbers inside the shamrock.

If you can't find a suitable Hornet logo, you can always use a block letter C.

BOS.png

This looks really nice! I really like the Numbers in the Shamrock, also you should post this template in the Paint Sticky, I have always wanted a old timey template like that, because I would like to do a Alabama Crimson Tide Uniform History project

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Milwaukee Hunters

Milwaukee's probably the one part of Wisconsin that's more/less oblivious to hunting.

When I think of Milwaukee of the 1950s I think of names like Mariners (maritime heritage), Muskies (WI state fish/Lake Michigan) Bottlers (obvious), Robins (WI state bird), Barons (German history), Bootleggers (prohibition era), Chiefs (railroad heritage), Railers (ditto) and Stags (WI state wild animal).

Great job on Boston, BTW.

Hey you wanna post a link to that template in the all new Paint templates thread haha.

I like that template, I didn't know that there was a paint-version out there haha.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Thanks for all the positive comments so far, I almost have Chicago, and New York done, just need the logos.

Hey you wanna post a link to that template in the all new Paint templates thread haha.

I like that template, I didn't know that there was a paint-version out there haha.

I just made it my self based off these.

http://www.weirdwolf.net/FFP/1950s/1959.htm#

I'll post the template sometime soon

Thanks for all the positive comments so far, I almost have Chicago, and New York done, just need the logos.

I just made it my self based off these.

http://www.weirdwolf.net/FFP/1950s/1959.htm#

I'll post the template sometime soon

Alright cool, no hurry.

If you could get the '90s template "paint-erized" too that would be awsome.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Hey guys, I have my 2nd concept. It's for the Chicago Hornets. Not to much to say about this either. Enjoy.

CHI.png

C&C please. Next is New York.

I'm still open for team name ideas.

I like the jerseys but whats with the font on the logo? It needs to be a little cleaner but overall good concept!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Archived