University of Cincinnati Bearcats Hockey

siegel0572

Baseball will always be my favorite sport to follow, but I am also a hockey fan. I had the pleasure of working with the Cincinnati Cyclones in their first year in the old IHL. I have always hoped to see the UC Bearcats get a hockey team, especially with Miami University just up the road in Oxford (a natural rival). So I decided to try my hand at designing a look for a Bearcat hockey team. I wanted to put the Bearcat Eyes on the shoulder but I did'nt like how they were coming out so I took them off. The face on the alternate is the new look Bearcat face the University uses in some promotions and for it's kids club. I know it looks kind of cartoonish but it looks better than the old leaping Bearcat they used to have and I like it's different look. I look foreward to your comments.

BearcatsHomeUniform.jpg

BearcatsRoadUniform.jpg

BearcatsAlternateUniform.jpg

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

I really like the pants!

The jerseys, Im not so crazy about especially the Alternate, I dont like the Bearcat logo.

And you should change the font too, it doesnt look very good.

Also save in png and it will come out alot cleaner.

You got a good start, hope to see some updates soon

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I agree with Jake on the "eyes" logo. That would kick ass as a black alternate.

Maybe instead of the C-paw logo, do the Cincinnati Bearcats script.

As for the jerseys, I would definately make black the main color, as does the rest of UC athletics, maybe go with thin red piping at the top of the jersey, and white piping at the bottom.

And to top it off download the font "Shadowrun" for free, italicize it, and you've ogt a pretty good replica of UC's numbers.

Well, as already said the pants are cool and a good idea, but I'm not real huge on the jerseys. Not a fan of the logos or the font

but something about this tells me it might look better if it was on a jersey on a real player.

Also, something about it seems a little plain to me, but that's just cause of my taste

Ibleed-1.png

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I was trying to get as close as I could to their actual font, and still being kind of new at this using just paint I know I have work to do. Also my initial idea was to use the eyes as the alternate jersey, but I was'nt sure if it would be substantial enough to be a main logo. I might give it try to see how it looks, so an update may be coming later.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Here are a couple of different versions of the Bearcat Eyes logo for the alternates. I like how they came out on the black jersey. I think this logo could work as a primary logo. The Cats only use it as a secondary patch on their football uniforms but it is used on the website, video and scoreboards and in merchandising. It reminds me a little of the Lake Elsinore Storm logo, they also use an eye logo on their hats. Comments would be appreciated.

BearcatsAlternateUniform2.png

BearcatsAlternateUniform3.png

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Archived