NFL Week 17: Playoff Scenarios Going into 4:15 Games

Mac the Knife

The playoff menagerie of this morning has simplified:

AFC

Tennessee has the #1 seed.

Pittsburgh has the #2 seed.

Miami clinches the AFC East and the #3 seed with a win. If they lose or tie, New England clinches and Miami's eliminated from playoff contention.

Denver clinches the AFC West and the #4 seed with a win or tie against San Diego tonight. If San Diego wins, they clinch.

Indianapolis has the #5 seed.

Baltimore clinches the #6 seed with a win, or with a tie coupled with a Miami loss or tie.

[correction] New York clinches the #6 seed if Baltimore and Miami each lose.

NFC

New York has the #1 seed.

Carolina has the #2 seed.

Minnesota has the #3 seed.

Arizona has the #4 seed.

Atlanta has the #5 seed.

The winner of the Dallas-Philadelphia game clinches the #6 seed.

All others have been eliminated.

nav-logo.png

Baltimore clinches the #6 seed with a win, or with a tie coupled with a Miami loss or tie.

New England clinches the #6 seed if Baltimore loses or ties.

Wait a minute. Don't the Jets get the 6th seed if Baltimore loses and the Jets knock off Miami?...

6uXNWAo.png

Eh, not that it really matters all that much.

Even IF the Jets get all that help and sneak into make the playoffs, they'd be forced to play the #3-seed New England -- and the chances of them making it past the Pats would be slim-to-none.

6uXNWAo.png

I hope the Baltimore game gets out of hand quickly, either way. That way I know if the Jets will be eliminated or not. Because if Baltimore wins and the Jets are eliminated I rather see the Jets lose and the Pats knocked out of the playoffs than the Jets win to let NE win. However if Baltimore loses I obviously then want the Jets to win. So let someone get out to a big lead in the Baltimore game so I know how to root (or turn the channel in dsgust to the World Juniors)

Forgive me, but I'm gonna begin to get my hopes up now....

Eventhough Favre is playing like :censored:, the Jets are still tied at zero with the Fish -- Plus, the Jags are actually up on B-More, 7-3.

Ahh, screw it!

If the Jets are gonna go down, at least they're screwing the Patriots in the process.

6uXNWAo.png

Forgive me, but I'm gonna begin to get my hopes up now....

Eventhough Favre is playing like :censored:, the Jets are still tied at zero with the Fish -- Plus, the Jags are actually up on B-More, 7-3.

Ahh, screw it!

If the Jets are gonna go down, at least they're screwing the Patriots in the process.

That's the spirit!

IUe6Hvh.png

Well, the NFC Playoffs are just about set in stone...

(6)Philadelphia at (3)Arizona

(5)Atlanta at (4)Minnesota

Byes: (1)New York & (2)Carolina

You've got Arizona & Minnesota mixed around. Arizona's the 4, Minny's the 3.

Well, the NFC Playoffs are just about set in stone...

(6)Philadelphia at (3)Arizona

(5)Atlanta at (4)Minnesota

Byes: (1)New York & (2)Carolina

You've got Arizona & Minnesota mixed around. Arizona's the 4, Minny's the 3.

In my defense, they both suck for division winners -- but my bad. :P

6uXNWAo.png

Sad that an 8-8-0 team makes the playoffs, let alone gets a home game in the first round.

Also sad, an 11-5 team sitting out the playoffs. I disliked Brett Favre as a Packer, I lost all respect for him as he came out of retirement, and now after playing like crap I hate him with a burning passion.

Carry on.

spacer.png

Sad that an 8-8-0 team makes the playoffs, let alone gets a home game in the first round.

Also sad, an 11-5 team sitting out the playoffs. I disliked Brett Favre as a Packer, I lost all respect for him as he came out of retirement, and now after playing like crap I hate him with a burning passion.

Carry on.

Well, it'd be sad to me if it were a team I cared for. It being the Patriots, I'm not exactly crying the blues for them.

nav-logo.png

Carry on.

Well, it'd be sad to me if it were a team I cared for. It being the Patriots, I'm not exactly crying the blues for them.

True, very true. I happen to be a fan, and have been since the Parcells/Bledsoe era when I was a youngster. Pretty much when my disliking for Favre started.

spacer.png

Archived