Maryland Terps Concept

GoDawgs08

Ok, I executed the idea I had for MD in my head all the way through, but the color balance obviously gets a little bit off when you mix and match the pants. Of course the all-red, all-white, and all-black go together...but I did notice the set isnt as inter-compatible as I thought it would be. The silver design on the sleeves and pants creates a turtle shell effect. I also considered a red/gold/black pattern for the collar...so tell me if that could go in there.

terps.png

Here's the update, after listening to yall's comments

Terps-1.png

temp.png

yea that looks like chicken wire... might work on a gamecocks concept! not

Damn! I was going to say that! Not every team should use a pattern, like in your Oregon concept. Oregon can just barely get away with the diamond plating.

The stripe on the helmet looks too old to be used with these jerseys. Maybe try a partial stripe like the Ravens or Broncos? If you are going for a look like this, I would also use a different number font. I am also not a fan of the totally colored sleeves. I would possibly try just a stylized stripe instead of coloring the whole sleeve. I like where you are going with this, but it's not there yet.

One more thing, did you leave the red/white combo out on purpose?

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

If you're gonna go with a plating pattern, I'd much rather see elements of Maryland's flag (the best of the 50, IMO) incorporated.

Still, I could get used to these. Good work.

First and foremost, if you're going to have a Maryland football concept, you have to get rid of the script Terps logo on the helmet. It's one of the most uncreative helmets around, especially when Maryland can use its glorious state flag in the logo.

Personally, I really enjoy the script logo, I think you should keep it. Granted, I do think the school could have made it more of an identity, and not just a copy of Florida's helmet, but I like that it's simple. Yes, the flag is pretty awesome, but too many concepts try to bring it into the picture ever since those spectacular Nike basketball jerseys were made, and it ends up looking cluttered. At least the Terps used the flag as a patch right next to the TV numbers on their current jerseys.

Regarding the concept, I like the direction you're headed, but to help get the point across that it is a turtle shell, try to include the detail of it that the turtle logo has. You can see the ripple effect in his shell, and that might help others recognize the pattern.

First and foremost, if you're going to have a Maryland football concept, you have to get rid of the script Terps logo on the helmet. It's one of the most uncreative helmets around, especially when Maryland can use its glorious state flag in the logo.

I disagree, I love that helmet.

I'm not one for these types of modern concepts, but you somehow pulled it together to make it work. If you alter the shell plating to make it look more like a shell, this will be outstanding. I have to give you props because I absolutely hate uniforms like Oregon's. Those things make armadillos look good. I would really like to see you tackle some other teams because if you make some more concepts as great as this one, you might just change my thinking about uniforms, and the way that I might, or others, might design concepts.

Okay, I'm done.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

I've taken you're comments into account, I'm going through to make changes right now:

- I'm going to cut the black insert on the shoulder about halfway down, so it doesn't take up the entire sleeve.

- The toughest part is going to be making that turtle pattern, and I might make it a lighter fade of black instead of silver...to eliminate the chain link reaction

- Somehow I'm going to figure out how to balance all three colors into the set, so its more interchangable...which is marylands current problem, so I realized I really didnt improve the uniform at all.

- Im also going to change the number font, and try to add wordmark...I just had trouble getting the Terps script to look good on the jersey on paint

temp.png

This concept is a toss-up for me because I like their current unis, but I also like the concept. I think if you got rid of the shell pattern altogether it would better. You would then have a simple, but still modern jersey. The problem with the shell is that all the sections are the same size. I believe real turtle shell has small and large sections. The reason I like their current outfit is that they have a lot of consistency. All jerseys work with all pants, I just think it's piping done right. You have less consistency in your design, as you mentioned, but I still happen to like the overall design and the way the yellow shows up between the red and black.

yeah im trying to think up some original piping that can get all three colors in...also, if i removed the turtle pattern all together the black insert on that shoulder I think will look very generic and cheap; Im very set on the shell design, which is why i just google imaged turtle shells! haha, hopefully take two looks better

temp.png

I like it. I don't love the silver, but it's a great idea. My favorite part is the helmet. It's fantastic! Love the yellow. Maybe there should be a little more yellow in the unis? Overall, great job. ^_^

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Archived