Steelers Concept

HarperK

My goal was to go back to the block numbers era, but make something that is different at the same time. It is hard to stray too far from the classic Steeler look, so I only found myself changing the jersey striping, return to block numerals, and adding a small modified wordmark under the NFL shield. The Yellow Alt was just a "lets see how this looks" experiment, as i had to fill a third slot set aside for an alternate.

SteelersConcept.png

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I like it, nyy. I know from experience its tough to do the Steelers, but I like the striping you used. The one beef I have, however, is that there's a good amount of gray in the helmet (logo, facemask) but none on the jersey and pants. I'd say just lose the gray from everything, I've always hated it.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Any particular reason two of the sets have blue belts?

mistake. the last mock-up i did had blue belts, and i didnt notice the difference between black at the time i guess. sorry.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Any particular reason two of the sets have blue belts?

mistake. the last mock-up i did had blue belts, and i didnt notice the difference between black at the time i guess. sorry.

I love it! Even the Yellow alt!! Maybe you should add an intermediate stripe inside the black one. Just wondering what it would look like.

PS- that was your 900th post! Congrats.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

IMO, the biggest problem with the Steelers current jerseys is the truncated (and antiquated) sleeve stripes, which are not addressed in this concept.

I dig the idea of a yellow alt, but would pair it with black pants.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

These are perfect. These are exactly the kind of changes I would make to the Steelers. I've always thought their current sleeves were a little tacky looking and the numbers definitely are the same. This fixes both and brings them back to the classic era. The wordmark looks better than the patch they have now too, IMO. The yellow alt looks awesome.

Archived