Team Canada needs a new logo...

alltherage

AwardsTeamCanadaLogo.gif

An IOC rule banning the use of federation logos is 13 years old, but can be overlooked with the approval of a country's national Olympic committee. For the past three Winter Games, the Canadian Olympic Committee has give hockey an exemption, but opted not to support hockey this time around.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianp...xvu8x2hhi3YQ4EA

I haven't seen a thread about this and i've searched to no avail so hopefully I didn't overlook anything. I thought with the amazing talent this community has that someone would have some great ideas.

I know usually people want concepts in original posts, so let me explain. I'm pretty novice as far as logos go, but I'm working on something I will post shortly. I'm really interested to see what we can come up with here!

iggysig.jpg

It's usually not accepted to start a thread in the "Concepts" forum without a concept. Have you posted this in the "Sports Logos" forum where I think this belongs. I do look forward to see what you have in store. Also :welcome:.

~?~

This is what I've been working on. The black lines signify the 7 gold medals in men's hockey Team Canada has won since the Winter Olympic's inception. I realized this doesn't quite work for women's until pretty much writing this, but here goes:

teamcanadaconcept.jpg

C+C please! And thanks for the welcome Throwback. I'm a lurker as you can see by my join date.

iggysig.jpg

It was my understanding that the team couldn't use a logo of any sort, other than the Canadian IOC logo, script of the country's name, or the flag.

And you obviously didn't search too hard, because there is a topic about this in Sports Logos. http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=64097

I didn't look in that forum because I was looking for a Logo concept thread, and either way the search function for whatever reason did not return that thread. I thought the only reason they had to change was because Team Canada is an organization, not just a team. I believe they need to develop a new logo. Thanks for being "that guy" and giving a smug answer.

iggysig.jpg

It was my understanding that the team couldn't use a logo of any sort, other than the Canadian IOC logo, script of the country's name, or the flag.

And you obviously didn't search too hard, because there is a topic about this in Sports Logos. http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=64097

I didn't look in that forum because I was looking for a Logo concept thread, and either way the search function for whatever reason did not return that thread. I thought the only reason they had to change was because Team Canada is an organization, not just a team. I believe they need to develop a new logo. Thanks for being "that guy" and giving a smug answer.

I wasn't being smug at all.

I don't care for this logo. The blocks break up the logo too much and are distracting. I do like the old style Toronto maple leaf logo though. And like you said this look would not work for the women's team. One final question I have is that would you have to keep adding line to the logo if they win more golds?

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

• 4 months later...

Still nothing interesting for ideas and concepts for a new Team Canada logo?

I like the one JS did for the Rochester Amerks and I think he did one with the old school Team USA as well. Canada needs an iconic logo. I am always screwed for time but I want to keep this thread going, there are talented people here with great ideas, someone should give it a shot. I think I might doodle a few ideas when I am at work and see what I can do on illustrator and photoshop.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Archived