Kentucky RiverWolves

BostonBlazer

I don't know what else I could do with this concept at the moment. I was experimenting with it, and I wonder if there's anything I should do to make this better. I don't think it's as great. But here it is, the logos, jerseys, and mascot with bio.

KRiverwolves.png

KRWjerseys.png

Kent.png

I wonder if there's anything I should do to make this better.

For starters, don't use Times New Roman.

I like the colour scheme, and I love the K-moon logo. The main logo is a little cartoony, but we've seen worse. The fonts, though, are where I think this all falls apart. The one that's used for the names and numbers is too wispy and rough around the edges; use something bolder, cleaner, more geometric. Outlines are a good idea too; where you've got black lettering against the blue jersey stripe, it's nearly illegible.

My original idea was to use something similar to Times New Roman in this concept because I thought it might be a more "dramatic" concept (Don't know why I thought that). I'll change it to something else. Would Rockwell work on the logos and jerseys, do you know?

It looks like I'm in the minority with this concept. I'm just not a fan of this look. The logo is too cartoonish and i'm not a fan of the colors. IMO purple and blue are not a good combo. Maybe darken up the purple and drop the blue and toughen up the wolf and you are there. I do like the striping pattern on the jersey. So maybe just a few changes and you have nice look.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

I like the wolf for the most part but his lower mouth could use some teeth or re-shaping. Now it looks like he has no lower teeth and is looking for his dentures. I also am not a fan of the overall shape of the logo as he appears to be trapped in a snow-globe (or whatever those things are called). I like the moon logo as well even if it isn't completely original, I like that you added your own touch to it...maybe make the moon gray. Not sure thoough, that may not work, but an idea. The eyes make him look kind of feminin (I think it's the blue in them), but maybe that's what youre going for but I doubt it. I do think this wolf has potential to look sharp and youre pretty close.

Where do I start? Sorry to be negative, but ole "Kent" is supposed to be a "River Dog". Now, I was born, breed and baptized in Lexington, KY and I have yet to see a river in this town. We got a couple creeks, so Creek Dogs may work, but I implore you to scrap the entire nickname all together. Maybe Coyotes works we do have alot of them around, if you want to kind of make it work. Dont like the colors either. But...I do like the moon dog logo...see Cleveland though on that one. Keep it up though, what do I know anyway....

Where do I start? Sorry to be negative, but ole "Kent" is supposed to be a "River Dog". Now, I was born, breed and baptized in Lexington, KY and I have yet to see a river in this town. We got a couple creeks, so Creek Dogs may work, but I implore you to scrap the entire nickname all together. Maybe Coyotes works we do have alot of them around, if you want to kind of make it work. Dont like the colors either. But...I do like the moon dog logo...see Cleveland though on that one. Keep it up though, what do I know anyway....

Agreed - maybe the creator was thinking LOUISVILLE and typing LEXINGTON when they came up with the concept. Having lived in both cities, we can claim mascots with "River" in Louisville but Lexington can't.

At one point we did have an ECHL team here called the RiverFrogs - I guess it went with the AAA baseball team the RiverBats. Of course when the baseball team became affiliated with the Reds they dropped the "River" and became the "Bats". The hockey team was pretty decent but was moved out in favor of a higher-level team that promptly folded.

Agreed - maybe the creator was thinking LOUISVILLE and typing LEXINGTON when they came up with the concept. Having lived in both cities, we can claim mascots with "River" in Louisville but Lexington can't.

At one point we did have an ECHL team here called the RiverFrogs - I guess it went with the AAA baseball team the RiverBats. Of course when the baseball team became affiliated with the Reds they dropped the "River" and became the "Bats". The hockey team was pretty decent but was moved out in favor of a higher-level team that promptly folded.

I've gotten my L's mixed up. I knew one of those two cities had the river. It was confusing which one since they both began with L, so I made a wild guess. Thanks for pointing that out.

Anyway, the concept is updated. But I'm still not sure if this is good enough. I changed the eyes in an attempt to look less cartoonish by making the white area in the eyeballs black. The purple has been darkened, the blue is now a powder blue, the font for everything is now Rockwell, he has more teeth, and I did a couple other changes as well.

I came up with the nickname before coming up with the geographical location. There was a handful of locations before I ended up using Kentucky.

KRiverwolves-1.png

KRWjerseys-1.png

Kent-1.png

Archived