Conquerors / Conquistadors Logo

jaha32

This is a logo Ive had in my mind for a while and decided to actually put it together to see how it turned out. It's not completely done since I still want to put something on the flag. I was thinking it might work for a team in San Jose and maybe put an "SJ" on the flag, or any place that had conquistadors way back when. Ive always liked the old ABA San Diego Conquistadors logo and was probably inspired by that. This is pretty cartoony and I know lots of people on this board don't like that. I know that this would never work for an NFL team, but maybe arena/indoor. This version is also probably too busy for a helmet, but I was thinking it would fit on a helmet like the Carolina Panthers does on theirs since it has a similar overall shape. That would require a mirror image with the words going the other way on the opposite helmet side but I could do that if I ever had to.

any suggestions for a city this would work for or any other changes?

ConquerorsGIF-1.gif

Nicely done. i wanted to do something like this for my fantasy baseball team on here, the Conquistadors, but I opted to stick with just the head as my logo. The only issue I have with it is that he doesn't have a neck. Either that, or his head just sits too far down on the shoulders. The helmet might be a bit big, too.

Nicely done. i wanted to do something like this for my fantasy baseball team on here, the Conquistadors, but I opted to stick with just the head as my logo. The only issue I have with it is that he doesn't have a neck. Either that, or his head just sits too far down on the shoulders. The helmet might be a bit big, too.

His neck is meant to be hiddern under that white clothe thing that conquistadors wore around their necks and those big puffy shoulder things. He is also kind of tensed up like football players do when theyre getting ready to get hit and shrug their shoulders a bit. I may need to raise it if it looks wrong and is too low for that like you said. I made the helmet big on purpose. Kind of going with the cartoon themed proportions where helmets and hats are always exaggerated.

As far as the colors go. Im really not set in stone with them. I should have mentioned that. Im open to suggestions like aerodynamix said. Crimson and Gold sounds like a good idea.

Man, this is great. I don't think it's too cartoonish at all. It's VERY well rendered. You did a great job of lowering his head so he looks likes he's charging. Putting a simple "SJ" on the flag would be nice.

Definitely lose the type when it goes on the helmet. That might create an odd shape on the bottom of the logo, so maybe include the bottom of his breastplate or something.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Ok. so here are some updates I made based on your comments mostly.

-I raised the head, just slightly though as I didn't want him to lose his positioning all together

-Changed purple to navy blue. I tried aerodynamix color combo and crimson wasnt dark enough with gold and the orange against navy blue just seemed like a good combo. at least to me (although I hate the Chicago Bears) it still works

- got rid of the words for the helmet logo and I like that newer version of the logo best.

-added "SJ" for San Jose

-as far as changing the spear to a regular flag pole as incrediballer suggested, I just didnt see a reason to do that as anything can be used as a flag pole (TB Buccaneers use a sword as a flag pole) and this conquistador isnt just a flag carrier., he's a warrior. did make the flag wrap around the spear and I like it much better like that

Thanks for all your feedback. I think it's getting better now

ConquerorsGIF1-1.gif

Archived