MLB Commemorative Logos

TruColor

Pittsburgh Pirates - 2006 MLB All-Star Game Logo:

PittsburghPirates_AL1_2006.png

I'm sure someone was going to point this out eventually, but the handle of the bat in the upper left-hand corner is missing its color.

Beyond all that...these are all superb, CW. Thanks again for doing this.

(On a side note...anyone know if there's a TrueType base font similar to the one the Pirates use? I know there's one out there somewhere, not exactly similar, but close to it. I've seen it used in a lot of different places, from this to the feet of some of the letters of the Toledo Bullfrogs, WalkDesign's logo and webpage, and several other places.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure someone was going to point this out eventually, but the handle of the bat in the upper left-hand corner is missing its color.

(On a side note...anyone know if there's a TrueType base font similar to the one the Pirates use? I know there's one out there somewhere, not exactly similar, but close to it. I've seen it used in a lot of different places, from this to the feet of some of the letters of the Toledo Bullfrogs, WalkDesign's logo and webpage, and several other places.)

Wow. That was an actual mistake in the official file. It's fixed now.

I'll look and see if I have that font...

Wow. That was an actual mistake in the official file. It's fixed now.

I'll look and see if I have that font...

That's what's up. Good look!

One more question--actually two (my apologies for inundating you with questions)...

...You've made several mentions of a newer, more accurate PANTONE library or libraries which actually reflects (or represents) colors truer than the RGB/CMYK libraries that come with Adobe's Creative Suites (FWIW, I use CS2). What was the name of that library (or those libraries) again? I'm right now running a Google search on PANTONE libraries, seeing if I can find what it is you use so I can (hopefully) download and install these things in my software.

Are these libraries specific to PC/Mac or are they universal? having a hard time finding those answers in this here Google search.

Any assistance you have will be GREATLY appreciated, CW.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

That's what's up. Good look!

One more question--actually two (my apologies for inundating you with questions)...

...You've made several mentions of a newer, more accurate PANTONE library or libraries which actually reflects (or represents) colors truer than the RGB/CMYK libraries that come with Adobe's Creative Suites (FWIW, I use CS2). What was the name of that library (or those libraries) again? I'm right now running a Google search on PANTONE libraries, seeing if I can find what it is you use so I can (hopefully) download and install these things in my software.

Are these libraries specific to PC/Mac or are they universal? having a hard time finding those answers in this here Google search.

Any assistance you have will be GREATLY appreciated, CW.

I use RGB values measured by Pantone for the sRGB color space. In previous versions of Illustrator, I was able to create RGB swatch libraries using the Illustrator API, and accessing my own relational database. With the version I'm on currently (CS3), things have changed, and I have not been able to use my old code. So, I'm recoloring these things somewhat manually. For now.

It gets a bit complicated, but the current "Color Book" swatch libraries use CIE-L*ab values in order to further calculate RGB. I won't get into all of the details, but Lab values are like a standard measurement of color - they are device independent. From these values, one can not only provide accurate color across different devices (monitors, scanners, digital cameras, printers, etc.), but can calculate RGB for different lighting conditions and different color spaces (i.e., sRGB, Adobe RGB, PAL/SECAM, Kodak ProPhoto, etc.).

When you use the newer Color Book swatch libraries you're going to get color that is MUCH more accurate than in previous versions. It's still not going to be as accurate as the RGB values I'm using (I'm not sure why to be honest), but they'll be a lot closer.

• 2 weeks later...

Gettin' back to this again:

Texas Rangers - 2004 The Ballpark in Arlington 10th Anniversary Logo:

TexasRangers_CL1_2004.png

This one was a colossal pain in the butt...25 different colors, most of which were custom jobs.

Archived