MLB Commemorative Logos

TruColor

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow I never realized how screwey the stitches were on that Yanks logo.

If you do a special counting method (ie, only count "full stitches" or some such nonsense), there are supposedly 26 of them, for the 26 World Series championships. There was a thread on this a while back, I think...

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

Is that like the secret old man's face in the Avalanche logo, or was somebody supposedly aware that the Yanks would win 26 world championships and then have a dry spell when they revised Lon Keller's original logo in the 1970s?

Heck if I know, I just think it's an interesting coincidence and not intentional.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

Philadelphia Phillies - 2004 through present, Citizens Bank Park logos:

PhiladelphiaPhillies_VL1_9999.png

PhiladelphiaPhillies_VL2_9999.png

Technically, these logos have only been in use since 2005, as the 2004 version has the old Citizens Bank typeface and logo.

You can sort of see it here.

CCitizen%20Bank%20Park.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Technically, these logos have only been in use since 2005, as the 2004 version has the old Citizens Bank typeface and logo.

You can sort of see it here.

CCitizen%20Bank%20Park.jpg

Interesting. I looked through all of my files, and I only have the ones I posted.

Thanks for the clarification.

Archived