MLB Commemorative Logos

TruColor

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently the World doesn't include Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, or Antarctica.

AHH! I hate how they call professional sports champs "World Champs." It bugs me so much. They're not playing against the rest of the world, so how do we know for sure that they are "World Champions"?

These recolorizations are great, btw.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Apparently the World doesn't include Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, or Antarctica.

AHH! I hate how they call professional sports champs "World Champs." It bugs me so much. They're not playing against the rest of the world, so how do we know for sure that they are "World Champions"?

Most of the leagues have gotten away from that. NFL uses "Super Bowl Champions", NHL uses "Stanley Cup Champions", and MLB uses this:

trans.giftrans.gif61-12821-F.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yes, because the great american football teams from Antarctica and Lethoso and Uzbekistan are being disrespected by having the champions of the NFL being called World Champions.

If only they had their shot.

Seriously, in the world of baseball, the American and National Leagues are the top tier of the sport, and the champion of Major League Baseball should be considered the World Champions. Same with football.

Now, with the NHL and the NBA, it becomes more tricky because it has been shown that clubs from around the world can compete with the club teams from the NHL and NBA, but NHL champions are usually referenced as "Stanley Cup Champions", not "World Champions".

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Yes, because the great american football teams from Antarctica and Lethoso and Uzbekistan are being disrespected by having the champions of the NFL being called World Champions.

If only they had their shot.

Seriously, in the world of baseball, the American and National Leagues are the top tier of the sport, and the champion of Major League Baseball should be considered the World Champions. Same with football.

Now, with the NHL and the NBA, it becomes more tricky because it has been shown that clubs from around the world can compete with the club teams from the NHL and NBA, but NHL champions are usually referenced as "Stanley Cup Champions", not "World Champions".

I'm willing to call the Calgary Stampeders the World Champions of Canadian Football.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

Didn't realize no one else was allowed post them.

That's not the point. ColorWerx is adapting the colors so they more accurately match from monitors to print, not just making an ordinary gif graphic from an Illustrator file.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Didn't realize no one else was allowed post them.

If you read the first post of this thread, you'll that the point of all of this is for the color-correcting aspect of displaying these logos. The point isn't just to post commemorative logos; I'm providing new, more accurate versions of them for Chris to use for his site.

However, the one you posted will make a fine example of the differences once my "treatment" is completed. I'll work on that one next.

Fair enough.

Until the Japanese League can compete regularly with the Majors, then the winner of the World Series is truly the World Champion.

Fair enough.

Until the Japanese League can compete regularly with the Majors, then the winner of the World Series is truly the World Champion.

OK. I understand where you're coming from, and I'm sorry that I wrote that. But it still bugs me.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

It shouldn't. They're the best in the world at what they do. "World Series Champions" makes little sense. They're the champions of the World Series? No, they're the best team in the world.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Didnt the Cincinnati Reds win the World Series in 1990?? WTF with the 2000 thing? ehhh..

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Fair enough.

If only NPB owners treated their teams as more than just ads for their parent companies... (other than Yomiuri and Hanshin, that's pretty much the case; heck, team revenue usually goes to the parent company's business. That $51m Seibu got for Daisuke Matsuzaka? The only thing Seibu did for the team was renovate the scoreboard. Oh, and sign a washed-up Kaz Ishii. But hey, they still won the championship in 2008!)

Back to the "World Champions" thing, that's why I love teams like the Spurs. They never, ever used the term "World Champions" to describe themselves. The Lakers and Celtics, on the other hand...

EDIT: BTW, there IS a world championship in (American) football now; 2007 was the first year that the US competed in it, and naturally, the US won the tournament. (However, in the championship game, Japan took them to overtime.)

sportsbanner-single.jpg

Archived