MLB Commemorative Logos

TruColor

Didnt the Cincinnati Reds win the World Series in 1990?? WTF with the 2000 thing? ehhh..

It's a logo for their 10 year (1990) and 25 year (1975) World champion victories.

I know what you're saying NorthStar, but the date means it was worn in 2000.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As promised...

New York Mets - 2008 Farewell to Shea Stadium logo:

[picture]

...and as a comparison:

[picture]

Are all the differences this drastic? The first thing I thought when I saw the thread was "How much difference does it actually make?" And no matter how much I try to understand colors, my brain ends up hurting. Thanks.

Didnt the Cincinnati Reds win the World Series in 1990?? WTF with the 2000 thing? ehhh..

It's a logo for their 10 year (1990) and 25 year (1975) World champion victories.

Ahhh now I see ... ohh thanks BBM, for pointing that out... I was scratching my head and thinking uhh on that one...

I know what you're saying NorthStar, but the date means it was worn in 2000.

Thanks, LEWJ... honestly, that logo was enough to throw me for a loop... but now I know the explanation behind that ... thanks....

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Great Work. You skipped one for Busch Stadium III from the 2006 Season. The Inaugural patch they wore all year and during the World Series. Also the 2007 season adorned '2006 World Champions' patch.

The second one doesn't matter but the first one I thought fit with the other patch you posted.

I've "skipped" a lot of them...there are many more to come.

However, I noticed that the colors are getting slightly skewed when saving these as GIFs. Do any of you know how to preserve RGB values when saving as a GIF? I'm using Illustrator CS3.

Once I figure that out, I'll get back to posting more of them.

So, are these for uploading to the site? Did you make the colors more printer-accurate so we could make our own patches? Are you just showing us that you have logos and can adjust their colors? To what end here?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So, are these for uploading to the site? Did you make the colors more printer-accurate so we could make our own patches? Are you just showing us that you have logos and can adjust their colors? To what end here?

Read the first post of this thread. I thought I was pretty clear.

Could you do this one next?

Picture2-23.png

It would be greatly appreciated!

I did that one a few days ago, but haven't posted it yet. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to save a GIF and retain the original RGB values.

If anyone has some insight, I'd appreciate it!

As promised...

New York Mets - 2008 Farewell to Shea Stadium logo:

NewYorkMets_CL1_2008.gif

...and as a comparison:

get-attachmentaspx.jpeg

Wowsers... I guess you never realize the difference until side by side... or, my monitor sucks... either way, the "new" ones are quite impressive...

Washington Nationals - Nationals Park logo:

WashingtonNationals_VL1_9999.gif

I'll add more of these as I get them done...

Is this a jersey patch? Is it even possible to stitch a gradient?

I was just thinking that... I'm sure it must be, think about the Devil Rays' original stuff.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

I was just thinking that... I'm sure it must be, think about the Devil Rays' original stuff.

That logo is not a patch. This is the patch they wore on the uniforms last season:

natsparkpatch.gif

This was for the first game:

natsparkfirstgame.gif

And this was for the first season:

natsparkinaugseason.gif

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

That logo is not a patch. This is the patch they wore on the uniforms last season:

natsparkpatch.gif

natsparkfirstgame.gif

natsparkinaugseason.gif

But don;t those "patches" have the gradient in the sky and stadium? Or am I missing something.....(which is quite possible...my wife says I don't get a thing...)...

natsparkpatch.gif

natsparkfirstgame.gif

natsparkinaugseason.gif

But don;t those "patches" have the gradient in the sky and stadium? Or am I missing something.....(which is quite possible...my wife says I don't get a thing...)...

Only THIS one was a patch:

natsparkpatch.gif

No gradient here. And I just noticed that the skyline and the stadium are different on the patch.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumpin' this thread, because I have been playing around with the "Save for Web" settings in Illustrator, and I believe saving these images as PNGs will best preserve the RGB values.

I'll just replace the existing logos as I go along (I've done the AL 100 Seasons logo to start with), and keep going on these.

Archived