MLB Commemorative Logos

TruColor

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glad to see this thread back in action. What were you saving them as before?

I was saving them as GIFs before...they were close, but there was a definite color-shift. I really started noticing it with the Reds' logos...their Red (199 C) was shifting way too far towards Orange...

I never noticed that, but I just went back to take a second look, and all of the images were gone. Once you redo them in png, mind posting a comparison in gif for one of them?

I went through and changed the filenames on all of them so that when I got the new ones completed, they would already link to the correct ones.

I'll do one of the Reds one for a comparison in a few minutes...

OK - I'm starting to realize that my saved images (GIF and PNG) are actually correct in color; it's the way the graphic looks in Illustrator that is skewed.

I can set PANTONE 199 C (in RGB mode) to R:208 G:16 B:58, but on-screen in Illustrator it becomes R:206 G:32 B:75. Then, when I save it as a GIF or as a PNG, it converts to the correct values (R:208 G:16 B:58).

So, the bottom line is, that my GIFs were actually correct as far as the RGBs go. I'm going to keep playing around with the PNG format however; gradients tend to "band" when saving them as GIFs.

I may also work on a new format for my Team Color swatches in the SSUR.

OK - I'm starting to realize that my saved images (GIF and PNG) are actually correct in color; it's the way the graphic looks in Illustrator that is skewed.

I can set PANTONE 199 C (in RGB mode) to R:208 G:16 B:58, but on-screen in Illustrator it becomes R:206 G:32 B:75. Then, when I save it as a GIF or as a PNG, it converts to the correct values (R:208 G:16 B:58).

So, the bottom line is, that my GIFs were actually correct as far as the RGBs go. I'm going to keep playing around with the PNG format however; gradients tend to "band" when saving them as GIFs.

I may also work on a new format for my Team Color swatches in the SSUR.

So does this mean that the original images posted were correct? :P

So does this mean that the original images posted were correct? :P

Yeah, pretty much.

However, I have even more accurate RGB values for Pantone Metallics and Pastels, and I have modified these patches that use them.

Note: All logos have been re-saved as PNGs, and are up. The biggest advantage is that gradients look 100x better.

I'll get some new ones up ASAP...first up - the 2009 K.C. Royals anniversary logo (as promised).

Apparently the World doesn't include Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, or Antarctica.

AHH! I hate how they call professional sports champs "World Champs." It bugs me so much. They're not playing against the rest of the world, so how do we know for sure that they are "World Champions"?

These recolorizations are great, btw.

Do you really think that there is a football team outside the U.S. that could beat The Steelers? :D

BB52Big.jpg

Apparently the World doesn't include Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, or Antarctica.

AHH! I hate how they call professional sports champs "World Champs." It bugs me so much. They're not playing against the rest of the world, so how do we know for sure that they are "World Champions"?

Do you really think that there is a football team outside the U.S. that could beat The Steelers? :D

The Cardinals - if they could play them again.

:P

I said outside The U.S.

BB52Big.jpg

I said outside The U.S.

Well...some people still don't seem to understand that the Cardinals ARE a team in the NFL, and in the U.S.

</attempting_to_CMA>

:blink:

ColorWerx, are you only taking logos off of this site or do you have another source? The reason I'm asking is because I would love to see one of your works for the Turner Field logo and the Braves 30th anniversary patch, but I'm afraid the examples on this site are not up to par. If you do have better versions, I would love to see them :)

ColorWerx, are you only taking logos off of this site or do you have another source? The reason I'm asking is because I would love to see one of your works for the Turner Field logo and the Braves 30th anniversary patch, but I'm afraid the examples on this site are not up to par. If you do have better versions, I would love to see them :)

I'm working from the original vector files.

I don't have the Turner Field logo, or the 30th Anniversary logo...if anyone had them in vector, I could certainly do them.

Detroit Tigers - 1999 Tiger Stadium Commemorative logo:

DetroitTigers_CL1_1999.png

Well it was worth a shot. I was actually thinking of making an attempt to re-create them myself based off photographs because no one seems to have them. I'm not quite good enough yet though :) When I am, you can bet I'll post them.

Archived