Selection Sunday

See Red

Well, as expected -- Stanford, Duke, Kentucky, and St. Josephs have been selected #1 seeds. I can't help but disagree. I think the Top Seeds should be the 4 best teams in the country -- and St. Josephs and Stanford are not 2 of those 4 best teams. St. Josephs will get rocked when they play a team with even mediocre talent -- just like they did against Xavier. Neither St. Joes nor Stanford has played ANYBODY this season. Stanford played a bad worse than usual Arizona team with too much talent and not enough team work. That's just about all that's on either teams resumee.

Do you guys agree or disagree with these picks as top seeds?

IUe6Hvh.png

Well, I am one to not look at the score but rather if you won or lose because that is thie thing that really matters. Stanford and St. Joe's went unbeaten for most of the season, and you shouldn't be punished for losing late because to a loss at the begining should count the same as a loss at the end. To me both deserve to be #! seeds.

I can see the lack of respect for the Big Ten. It wasn't anything terribly special. But Oklahoma State got screwed and didn't get a #1 seed just because their game today was later than the rest. That's crap.

St. Joes and Stanford played noone in the regular season. They don't deserve those spots. Stanford will get killed if they get UConn.

IUe6Hvh.png

The selection committee must hate Pitt for some unknown reason. Last year, they get stuck with a draw against the top #1 seed, even though they won the Big East. This year, they slip all the way to a #3, with the possibility of playing Wisconsin in Milwaukee in the second round! What the heck?

I guess they're making up for three years ago, when they had two games in Pittsburgh as a #3 seed.

Oh well, more incentive to win it all...

"Hail to Pitt!"

The selection committee must hate Pitt for some unknown reason. Last year, they get stuck with a draw against the top #1 seed, even though they won the Big East. This year, they slip all the way to a #3, with the possibility of playing Wisconsin in Milwaukee in the second round! What the heck?

I guess they're making up for three years ago, when they had two games in Pittsburgh as a #3 seed.

Oh well, more incentive to win it all...

"Hail to Pitt!"

Duke has gotten screwed 2 years in a row. Toughest Bracket 2 years in a row.

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

Duke?

Come on... I'm sorry, but that's kind of ridiculous. They lost their tourney and still got a #1 seed. Pitt loses their tourney to top-ten ranked UConn team and they slip from a possible #1 to a #3.

I don't see why so much empahsis is put on where your team gets seeded. Getting the shaft because you didn't get a #1 seed? Common now. Quit complaining about where your team got seeded. The fact remains that you have to win every game to get to the championship and then win it. If you lose at all you didn't deserve to be in the championship, and where you get seeded isn't going to affect how far you go in the tournament.

sig09.jpg

I don't see why so much empahsis is put on where your team gets seeded. Getting the shaft because you didn't get a #1 seed? Common now.

I understand what you're saying, but Fusebazell is saying Duke got the shaft and they got a #1 seed. That's crazy.

If you lose at all you didn't deserve to be in the championship, and where you get seeded isn't going to affect how far you go in the tournament.

I would normally agree. My big complaint is that Pitt may have to play what is in effect a road game (vs Wisconsin, in Milwaukee), while every other team plays nuetral court games. That's a definite disadvantage, and that's what I call getting the shaft.

It doesn't matter. Pitt's winning it all anyway... :D

They did, they have the toughest bracket this year and they had the toughest bracket last year.

Why shouldn't they have the toughest bracket of the #1 seeds? They're ranked below Stanford, Kentucky and St. Joseph's... Somebody's going to have the toughest bracket. You can't be a #1 and get the shaft... be real.

Well, to explain the Pitt situation... I'll say as the Chairman of the Selection Committee said. They protect the top teams from playing in hostile environments in the first round only, and not beyond that.

Pitt does NOT deserve to be a #1. They don't deserve to be higher than #2 UConn because they lost 2 out of 3 to UConn. One of which, UConn didn't have a McDonalds All-American playing.

What teams do you guys think got shafted by not making the tournament at all?

I think Colorado and Notre Dame have cases. They wanna say that Air Force is one of the 34 best out of the teams eligable for the invitations but that Notre Dame and Colorado aren't?!

Colorado went 10-6 in the Big IX... their biggest knock is a loss to Richmond... Um... Kansas lost to Richmond to and they still made it. Colorado has a very strong case.

Notre Dame got UConn, Pitt, and Syracuse for 6 games... they should've been in... they had a tough schedule.

Both of those teams would beat St. Josephs on a neutral court.

IUe6Hvh.png

Notre Dame got UConn, Pitt, and Syracuse for 6 games... they should've been in... they had a tough schedule.

I'll second that...I saw ND dismantle Syracuse in person and I thought *for sure* they'd make it.

I'm so sick of hearing about the ACC, ACCthis, ACCthat, they may have a wonderful conference, they are all quality teams but there are 59 teams from other conferences in the tourney. I'm willing to bet that all four teams in San Antonio won't be ACC teams. (Kentucky, Stanford, Oklahoma State, Texas, ect...)

Speaking of seeding, how 'bout Wisconsin, win the Big10 by a large margin over Illinois, and get a six seed. What? and the Illini are a five, to hell with conference tourneys I say.

At least Mizzou isn't dancing :D ................

Rock Chalk,

Travis

rush.png

Clipboard03.jpg

You think Stanford is good enough to be in the Final Four? I say hardly. Especially being in the same region as UConn.

70% of the country has agreed with me according to the poll they showed during the selection special.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived