New Marlins Ballpark Renderings

marlinfan

If only the Patriots had gone with Rebranding Plan A.....Bay State Patriots, what could have been.

But yeah, stuff like the Texas Rangers and Florida Panthers are fine. Those are the exceptions to the rule though. The rule being (or should be in most cases) that you cannot use a state or regional (interstate) name as part of the team name if there are other teams within the state or region.

The Patriots, IMO, are fine with the New England moniker because no other NFL team plays in New England. The example given about the Former Confederate Braves wouldn't work on any level, because there are plenty of teams that play in what was once the CSA.

Now if a NFL team relocated to Hartford, Providence, or somewhere else in New England, than the Pats should go right along and change the name to "Boston."

Until then though, the New England name is fine.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It also wouldn't work because no sane man or Ted Turner would want to call his team the Former Confederacy Braves.

Howabout the Former Confederacy Braves of Atlanta?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

How about you fall in a Burmese tiger trap?

They should call it the Bay of Bengal Tiger Trap so as not to alienate fans from Bangladesh, India, and Thailand.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived