Business Service Solutions

Atomic

Ok, so my wife's company was looking for a new logo. I dabbled in graphic design about 8 years ago (specializing in Identity Systems), but hadn't really done anything of this nature in a while. I devised this one up and submitted it anonomously, but it wasn't selected (which sucks because they were paying $500 for it). Anyway, I figured that I'd show it to see if there was something obviously wrong that I am missing or if I just missed the mark on what they wanted:

bss2.png

They also had me do a sample business card (information taken out for obvious reasons):

bsscard1.png

Here is the website with the logo they ended up choosing (designed by one of their IT guys): http://www.buizss.com/

Why the one they chose won and his didn't simple. The one they chose show interaction between two partners and ideas being swapped. Progression if you will. His is just a light going on. To that I think, "everyone has a great idea, but is it an idea that will change things and move people?" The name of the company is Business Solutions and not Business Ideas, that's the key.

yours is a bit over complicated, the colours are a bit close in places and your line widths

differ greatly across the design. it looks quite dated also.

the other guys isnt great, but its certainly has a more modern feel. id have to say that

the 'old lightbulb' gag is a bit thin too. not to say that the arrows are groundbreaking,

but they are at least a little less obvious.

nothing wrong with what youve done particularly, it just doesnt really feel like a company

mark to be honest.

Archived