Chicago Cubs Tweak

EASTCOAST | MVP

Nothing wrong with that set at all. I prefer the Cubs without the pinstripes, but I'm one of few. I like the blue alternate and the road jersey screams old school, which is a good thing. Nicely done. Welcome to CCSLC!

Coming from a Cubs fan, I like this set on the whole. However, the wordmark for the road jersey is too separated to not run into the piping. Also, I'd love for the Cubs to intro a white alternate for home. I think it'd look great. I also think you need to keep the same traditional hat for home as well. I'm not a fan of the bp hat/design.

Good job though!

There's nothing wrong with your alt. I happen to not like the Cubs alt, so there isn't much I can say.

You need some red in the road, or else it strikes me as too much like the Dodgers (first impression).

I'm not a fan of the BP hat, but I think it works with this set. I assume there's a red outline around the C?

It's where I sit.

This is a really clean, sharp concept. Just what I go for, in fact. Really nice. The road jersey may be lacking some red like the others have mentioned, but I kinda like the really, really old school feeling of it. It's a lot like the NY Giants' roadies, which I also happen to like. The home jersey is beautiful, and I have no complaints about the alt. Actually, maybe I do. Put the primary logo instead of the bear logo on the chest and it's perfect. If you do end up adding red to the road jersey, just put a red trim on the numbers and you're set. Nice job.

scotland_fifasig.png

Well done, in terms of putting it together, but I don't like it. I don't understand why so many people want to rid the Cubs of their pinstripes. The team makes a big deal about its "Cubbie blue," from people wearing it to claiming to bleed it, and so using blue pinstripes reinforces that identification more than plain white does, in my opinion. Second of all, the white C just doesn't look right at all. Even though the team uses it for batting practice right now, it still looks like a hat you'd buy at Big Lots. The lack of red on the road jerseys is puzzling, especially since I detect a thin red stripe on the pants but just blue everywhere else. It's too plain, and gets away from the team's colors being blue and red. That angry cub you used is my favorite of the myriad sleeve logos over the years, but it can't stand on its own as a main logo like that, and placket piping on colored jerseys has always looked rather softball to me. It's not a bad concept, obviously, since you've gotten a fair deal of praise, but I wouldn't want them to wear that.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived