Radical Saints Helmet Concepts

BlueSky

I'm sure many people will look at these and think, "Where did THAT come from?" Well, the answer is that two things floated around in my head until they ran into each other. One was the original Saints helmet with the huge 'see it from the nosebleed seats' FDL, pictured here courtesy of the excellent helmethut.com:

saint68a.jpg

And the other was the 2006 SI cover featuring Drew Brees in an interesting pic that bisected his helmet almost vertically:

saints-si-cover.jpg

Ok, maybe there was one more thing, and that's the 'oversized logo' trend, illustrated here by Delta's latest tail design:

delta_new_widget.jpg

So with all that as inspiration, Mike from the outstanding mghelmets.com site graciously agreed to take my description of these ideas and execute them so I wouldn't have to embarrass myself by showing a couple of crayon renderings. I have a feeling these fall into the 'love 'em or hate 'em' category. The only difference is that the first one has the wrap-around black and the second is all gold like their current helmets:

saints-concept.jpg

saints-concept-2.jpg

Thanks, Mike for your usual amazing work in bringing my ideas to life. I'm looking forward to the C&C.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

It's an interesting idea, but I think in reality the logo is going to distort A LOT when it covers the whole side of the helmet like that. It's easy to do a 2-d logo on a 2-d helmet image, but the real thing is going to warp.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

It's an interesting idea, but I think in reality the logo is going to distort A LOT when it covers the whole side of the helmet like that. It's easy to do a 2-d logo on a 2-d helmet image, but the real thing is going to warp.

Yes, it's tough to judge what it would really look like on an actual helmet.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Yes, it's tough to judge what it would really look like on an actual helmet.

especially when Riddell and Schutt have been coming out with different helmet designs. these would look cool on a basic helmet but its hard to tell with these: gI_0_SchuttION4DHelmet.jpg

1RIDREVSPEED_FB09.jpg

Riddell%20Revolution%20Helmet.jpg

Yeah, conceptually its great. However, it seems like it was made for a standard helmet, considering the placement of the ear hole. With the crazy helmets of today, it may end up being distorted.

I do like it a lot, however, and it makes me wonder what other helmets would be like adopting the two-tone paint job.

Archived