New Orleans Admirals

TalktoChuck

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it just me, or is the first alternate jersey the wrong shade of blue?

Yeah you are right. I'll get that fix and have an update soon. Thanks for the heads up.

hey, I call them as I sees them. :P

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

Here's the updated Port Gobson River Sox package. All I did was fix my mis-colors.

PGRSs.gif

Now onto the new and improved Silver Springs Baseball team. Now they used to be named the Skippers to kind of piggy back off their MLB affialiate (Admirals). But last week I ha a brilliant notion about a Florida Minor League Baseball team. The Skippers are now the Silver Springs Navigators. For this concept I wanted emphasize the gator portion of the Navigators. I think its a great play on words and am suprised no one has thought of it yet. I'll let the logo speak for itself from here on. C&C please.

Navigators.gif

jNTsTyQ.png

I kind of hate to take the wind out of your sails, as the Navigators concept is pretty cool, creative, and seemingly unique, but the NaviGATORS have already been done. The present-day Connecticut Defenders used to be the Norwich Navigators, and had a logo that was based on an alligator with a captain's cap (I can't believe I knew that off the top of my head. I really am a uniform addict!). Also, I liked the basic idea of the Skippers more, as it fit the parent club but was still unique without being wacky. I look forward to seeing the jerseys, nonetheless.

scotland_fifasig.png

Here in Nebraska we have the Lincoln North Star Navigators (high school) and their logo is a gator. That has always bugged the heck out of me, and I don't know why. However, I really like your Navigators concept, the colors are unique and perfect for the minor league level.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

It's definitely a great idea, and there's no question that your logo is better (the Norwich one flat out sucks! Bad colors, hokey, cluttered= yuck!). However, if you're going for unique...those Norwich-ians beat you to the punch! Personally, I hope you keep the Skippers identity, but that's just me.

scotland_fifasig.png

The funniest thing about that logo is how the telescope turns into a baseball bat; which makes it appear that he is shoving a bat in his eye. :rolleyes:

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

So here is the full style guide for the Silver Springs Navigators. C&C welcome.

Navigatorss.gif

And concerning the Skippers identity, I have decided to keep the identity and just move it to a different minor league affiliate. So here is the new breakdown of the New Orleans Admirals minor league affiliates.

AAA- International League- Port Gibson River Sox (Port Gibson, Mississippi)

AA- Texas League - Gulf Coast Pelicans (Baton Rouge, Louisiana)

A Advanced- Florida State League- Fort Myers Skippers (Fort Myers, Florida)

A- South Atlanitc League- Gainesville Gulls (Gainesvile, Florida)

Short Season A- Northwest League- Olympia Orcas (Olympia, Washington)

Rookie- Gulf Coast League- Silver Springs Navigators (Silver Springs, Florida)

I will have the Fort Myers Skippers full logs and uniforms up shortly. And I have started workign on the Pelicans.

jNTsTyQ.png

Archived