New Orleans Admirals

TalktoChuck

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a little too static, I guess is the word I'm looking for. I think you're general idea (wheel/ball) is solid, I think it could just be a lot more lively and exciting. It's really hard to catch the details in the steering wheel(is that what they're called on a ship?) as well. Either use a darker red as an accent for the wheel, or work the blue in a bit more. I think exploring different fonts, maybe a nice script, would work here. Maybe look into working some water/waves in under the wordmark a bit, not entirely unlike the Connecticut Defenders' logo.

It's a little too static, I guess is the word I'm looking for. I think you're general idea (wheel/ball) is solid, I think it could just be a lot more lively and exciting. It's really hard to catch the details in the steering wheel(is that what they're called on a ship?) as well. Either use a darker red as an accent for the wheel, or work the blue in a bit more. I think exploring different fonts, maybe a nice script, would work here. Maybe look into working some water/waves in under the wordmark a bit, not entirely unlike the Connecticut Defenders' logo.

I agree. You have a good idea here, but you gotta find a way to make the wheel stand out more, give it more detail. Maybe try a different font also or a new color scheme. There is just too many red and blue teams in the MLB. Perhaps purple? Or gold?

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

The font is too Microsoft Word for me, if you want it to look more professional I would go with a different typeface. The one you are using now just has no life IMO. I think the best look would be an script slanting upward. I can see blue as a color because of the water theme, but why not try purple along with it? Purple is a solid color for NOLA, and it looks excellent with sky blue. That's the direction that I would go.

Thank you guys for the comments. I'm going to go with Cab_22 and Elliott's suggestion of replacing red with purple. I'm also going to lighten up the blue so it'll work better with the purple. And I'm working on a new wordmark, I tried to add some water into it like Shumway had said, but it wasn't working at all. An update should be up in the next day or two. Thank you guys.

jNTsTyQ.png

Ok so I've decided on a purple to use, but I torn between two blues. Which do you guys prefer?

colours.gif

I think you should go with the darker blue, although I am not sure how it would look with the purple in action.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I added a new font, better worse? And before I decide on a color, I thought I'd give you guys a full view of the colors in action on the first draft of the logo. I used both the blues.

Color Option 1:

Logo-1.gif

Color Option 2:

Logo-2.gif

I took Jay's advice and used the New Orleans Hornets colors as well.

Color Option 3 (With Yellow):

Logo-3.gif

Color Option 4 (Without Yellow):

Logo-4.gif

What color scheme do you guys prefer, and do you like the font?

jNTsTyQ.png

Getting better. I don't think the yellow fits, first of all. Color options 1 and 4 are the best. The shading on the wheel looks nice. The new orleans wordmark looks slightly out of place to me, what if it ran parallel to Admirals, below it? Ok the font is moving in the right direction but is that some font that comes with MicroWord? Some generic script, it doesn't look terrible, it's just not very original. I've noticed that you use a lot of generic scripts. Go to dafont.com or 1001freefonts.com, browse around especially looking at scripts, and I think you will be better off.

Getting better. I don't think the yellow fits, first of all. Color options 1 and 4 are the best. The shading on the wheel looks nice. The new orleans wordmark looks slightly out of place to me, what if it ran parallel to Admirals, below it? Ok the font is moving in the right direction but is that some font that comes with MicroWord? Some generic script, it doesn't look terrible, it's just not very original. I've noticed that you use a lot of generic scripts. Go to dafont.com or 1001freefonts.com, browse around especially looking at scripts, and I think you will be better off.

I downloaded some new fonts, how do I go about putting them into Illustrator?

jNTsTyQ.png

I downloaded some new fonts, how do I go about putting them into Illustrator?

You have to install them, go to Control Panel and then into fonts and transfer the files into the fonts folder. When I do this I usually have to put the fonts on the desktop first and then put them into the fonts folder.

detsig.png

Color option #3 -the gold adds a nice touch. Makes the workmark stand out of the darker colors.

Very nice! :

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I don't like the gold. I'm going to go with option 1. I'd really like to see the blue from option 1 paired with and even darker purple. Right now, they're still too close to each other for my taste.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I decided on option 4. And selected a new font. Here is the update.

NEW-LOGOGOE.gif

Elliott said to move the New Orleans down from the spot it is in now. He suggested running along the bottom of the Admirals script. I tried that but it didn't look good. If you guys think it would look better in another place, I am open to suggestions. C&C please.

EDIT: Updated. Made the Admirals script bigger and changed the New Orleans font.

jNTsTyQ.png

Archived