New Orleans Admirals

TalktoChuck

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a nice Single A logo. Simple, similar to big-league team, but still unique. Nice work. On the script, however, the two "p"s look like "h"s with elongated left legs. Bring the right side in a bit so it looks more like a "p", and you're set. I hope you're doing both logos and unis for the whole minor league system. Nice work.

scotland_fifasig.png

For the Skippers, I know you were going for simple, but this is a little TOO simple for my taste. It's just a wordmark over a baseball. It's gotta have something more, some sort of at least minimal visual representation of the name 'Skippers.' Also, the type needs work. As logocruncher mentioned, the Ps in the typeface you chose are a little awkward. And since those two letters are so prominent in the wordmark, I think it needs addressing (probably a new typeface).

I do like the color choices, and I know you can improve this (based on how I watched the Admirals concept progress). But it does need some significant improvements.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

This is a nice Single A logo. Simple, similar to big-league team, but still unique. Nice work. On the script, however, the two "p"s look like "h"s with elongated left legs. Bring the right side in a bit so it looks more like a "p", and you're set. I hope you're doing both logos and unis for the whole minor league system. Nice work.

My thoughts exactly. I like how you didn't go with a major league look for the rookie team.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

• 3 weeks later...

These are exquisite. They work well as Single A unis (nice and simple) but not bland, and tie in well with the parent club. I'd just suggest making the name on back white on the road alts; it doesn't stand out so well as is. Other than that, the logos are great, unis are crisp and clean, and I especially like the road alternate.

scotland_fifasig.png

Here's the first draft of the Port Gibson River Sox logos. For this team I wanted to go with something a little more elegant. The main logo consist of a river boat inside a cirlce with "Port Gibson Baseball" around the cirlce. C&C Please.

River-Sox.gif

jNTsTyQ.png

As with the Skippers, I think this one has potential but really isn't there yet. The typeface has character and fits the name, so I like that. And I think the PG monogram could work well as a cap logo, but you've got to tweak that interaction. Find a way to overlap them or intertwine them (maybe use the curling stroke from the P to connect to the top serif on the G), because right now they just seem slapped together.

With regards to the logo, I like the idea of a riverboat set inside a Red Sox-style circle. But I would have it say 'Port Gibson' on top and 'River Sox' on the bottom, though one with 'Baseball' on the bottom could probably be adapted into an alternate logo. Also, the riverboat is far too photorealistic and detailed right now. In fact, it looks like a photo that's been reduced to two values, blue and white. If you did a nice original render of that image so that you could control the number of lines and the line widths, and then throw some stylized waves in there, you'd have a winner.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so a quick little update on the series. I put together the full style guide for the new orleans admirals and am currently working on the Silver Springs Skippers complete style guide. But the main reason for this post is I have been working on the update of the River Sox logo. I had an idea the other day about having the interlocking PG inside a circle with pinstripes in it. Better? Worse? And also I made the PG interlocking like you guys suggested. Tell me what you guys think.

New Orleans Admirals complete set:

NOA-Style-Guide.gif

River Sox logo idea:

Untitled-2.gif

jNTsTyQ.png

VERY nice improvement on the River Sox logo. I had wanted to see an updated/simplified riverboat, but I'm loving the style that's going on in your update.

VERY nice improvement on the River Sox logo. I had wanted to see an updated/simplified riverboat, but I'm loving the style that's going on in your update.

Yeah I tried going with a simplified riverboat but I wasn't working they I wnated so I went in a new direction. I appreciate all the feedback guys.

jNTsTyQ.png

Ok, so I have finished the full identity for the Port Gibson River Sox. The River Sox are the AAA affialiate of the New Orleans Admirals. For this identity I was trying to go for a more elegant and timeless look. I also wanted to establish an iconic identity that would be easily recognizable. And since they are a minor league team and not an MLB I thought the Yankess wouldn't mind me using pinstripes to do that. The main logo is an interlocking PG (for Port Gibson) inside a cirle with pinstripes in it. Around the cirle it says "Port Gibson River Sox EST. 2009." And the cap logo is just the interlocking PG from the main logo. As for the script, again I wanted to go for an elegant look. Therefore I went with a sort of scripty font. Not cursive, but not block, kind of in the middle. So that's basically the jist of the Port Gibson River Sox. Let me know what you guys think. And P.S. I am going to completely re do the Silver Springs Skippers, this also includes a name change. I had a stroke of brillance today as to what I am going to do with them.

PGRS.gif

jNTsTyQ.png

Archived